just downgraded back to ios 6.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by oplix, Sep 19, 2013.

1. oplix Suspended

oplix

Thank GOD! I was freaking out after finding out I've been duped into a **** can version of Job's original vision. No thanks.

2. iAlphard macrumors regular

Man, can you tell me how do to it? Pleaseeeee i want to downgrade too.

3. FoxD macrumors 6502

I also downgraded back to iOS6, so much better.

You better do it quick, while you still can.

4. iAlphard, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

iAlphard macrumors regular

Could you tell me the step to do it? Thx in advance.
    Scratch it, i found oplix tutoriol in iOS 7 Section.

5. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

Downgraded... Got my phone back... Feel much better...:D

6. -jp- macrumors newbie

Fellas can I get some help please I need to go back before they stop allowing HA. Long story short I am using a PC and am having problems extracting the ispw from the dmg file I downloaded. It keeps asking for a password. Am I doing something wrong. Really wish I had a MacBook right now. thanks for any help

7. curiosity macrumors regular

8. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I was able to downgrade my Mini and 4S at about 4AM. Not sure if it's still possible to do now.

9. pixelshaders macrumors member

10. ShiftyPig macrumors 6502a

Apple has stopped signing 6.1.4, so good luck.

11. curiosity macrumors regular

Hate the new Apple. They clearly give a ... about both Steve Jobs' creation and of course their regular customers. To stop signing now after all major internet sites have posted instructions on how to downgrade is not just a kick in the face but a turning point for sure.

12. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Apple does this a day or two after every firmware update. If you need to downgrade after an upgrade, you only have a short time to downgrade.

13. haydn! macrumors 6502a

What's all this "Steves vision" tripe. Yeah, Steve was a visionary for sure, but he didnt do it all by himself. He had thousands of people doing the work for him - and they're all still around.

Plus, when he died, it was already revealed he'd left Apple with a pipeline of products worth a good four or five years. So what's to say, by hating, your not the ones trampling on Steves vision?

It also makes me laugh that Apple are often criticised, on these forums, for failing to innovate, but the following question has to be asked. What's the point if people can't let go of the past?

14. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

I just bought an iPhone 5C and iOS 7 was one of my motivators to switch back from Android. Also, I'm using my 3rd Gen iPad far more now.

Apple has, for better or for worse, changed the design. Some won't like it, some will. I love it. So clean, pretty, and far more functional.

15. Tysknaden macrumors regular

Tysknaden

Jobs is dead since a while. So I do not know, what he would say about iOS7.
    But I can tell you about me as a customer. I really hate the way the OS looks; but it brings many improvements and nice features. So... in the end, I am beginning to really like it.
    Maybe it is time for accepting, that Jobs' death did not freeze time.
    It's a pity, that Ive is obviously colorblind. But now, I can reach many options (a few of them entirely new) without having to go through several levels - and "newsstand" is finally inside a folder :)

16. curiosity macrumors regular

Did you not read about infighting after Steve's death? About how Scott Forstall got fired so that Jony Ive could finally make his teletubby dreams come true?

17. curiosity macrumors regular

No one likes stagnancy. The point is the people you talk about would have preferred evolution rather than a revolution which turns out to be half-baked.

18. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Yes I did read the stories about Forstall and he was alleged to be a bully that nobody from top to bottom of Apple liked.

iOS 1 had many many problems, more than ios7 does for sure. It wasn't until 2 or 3 that it became a credible OS. This a complete reinvention, give them chance.

19. oliversl macrumors 65816

The people who talk trash about Scott Forstall are the ones that fired him, so classy. He is the father of iOS. And otherwise we would be running Linux in our iPhones.

20. Miguel Cunha macrumors 6502

Miguel Cunha

So very true.

21. borostef macrumors 6502

borostef

And have you noticed how in the last two keynotes they tried to ridicule Forstall and everything he did so far... Yeah, right, iOS was born with Federighi... Right, all those people likeing iOS... They were not there before Federighi and Ive... So lets make fun of them... Childish... Just like the iOS 7 design...

22. MikeS007 macrumors newbie

I also still have iOS 6 on my device. Tested iOS 7 though and preffered 6. Might upgrade later on. :)

23. Miguel Cunha macrumors 6502

Miguel Cunha

Well... I guess sometimes adults don't act like adults, but I sense this is something uglier, some sort of a grudge.
    The term "DeForstallization", sais it all. :eek:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I really liked the "Skeuomorphism" look. :cool:
    It made all the difference for me, setting :apple:'s iOS beautifully apart from Android, Windows Mobile and others.

Like everything else in life, time will tell, through users.

P.S. Just a few days after downloading iOS 7, which I didn't install, something happened to the iPhone 4.
    It doesn't boot and iTunes sais I have to restore it. :(
    Just a coincidence, I guess... :rolleyes: