Just downgraded iPhone 5 / iPad 2 to 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by konradsa, Sep 21, 2014.

1. konradsa macrumors regular

Just downgraded my iPhone 5 and iPad 2 back to 7.1.2 as long as Apple is still signing it. I was really giving Apple the benefit of a doubt here when I upgraded, based on my experience with previous IOS releases, but I really don't see that many changes in IOS 8, and it cut my battery life almost in half. I downgraded even though I didn't have an IOS 7 compatible iCloud backup available for my iPhone, which was pretty painful actually, but I managed to transfer my contacts and photos at least. But I really learned my lessen the hard way today, spend some precious hours of my Sunday dealing with this.

Overall, IOS 8 seems really rushed to be ready for the iPhone 6 releases. I will probably wait for at least an 8.1 releases before I consider upgrading again, and the next time I will more carefully read the feedback early adopters are giving.

OSX 10.9.5 works so well for me right now, I will probably also wait until 10.10.2 is released before going to Yosemite.

2. konradsa thread starter macrumors regular

After just a couple of hours on 7.1.2, battery life is hugely improved. Downgrading was definitely right decision.

3. theapplefanboyj macrumors 6502a

Im Surprised that they're still Signing iOS 8. You'd think they would stop signing't.

4. Prabas macrumors 6502a

Prabas

After updating carrier settings I've noticed worse battery life. I chose to restore and set up as new, battery life is amazing right now. Oh and it's iPhone 5.