Just downloaded Ziphone 2.4...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jaeshellz, Feb 17, 2008.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

and this will be an extremely stuupid noob question, but in the folder, i don't see an actual application to run ziphone. I"m on a mac (tiger) and i see alot of terminal stuff and ziphone.exe

how do i open and use ziphone? please forgive me and try to contain the laughter :confused:

2. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Is there a ZiPhoneGUI to click on? That should be it...

3. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

sorry i'm slow, GUI? there are a couple of txt files and .dat files. On the site, there is a link to download macosx gui but when i did and opened it, it opened up in text editor n showed a bunch of codes n stuff. am i suppose to to change the extension or open it up wit something else?? HELPPP PLEASE

u guys rock

4. m R g S r macrumors newbie

Did you download the right one? .exe on a mac? :(

5. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

No, I've found the same issue. Doesn't appear to be a GUI included in that bundle, just a terminal app, an .exe and some other files. I just ended up using 2.3 this morning which worked fine for me.

6. jk111 macrumors regular

tiger-leopard

I thought i read somewhere it only works for leopard.

7. jaeshellz thread starter macrumors member

EDIT: everything's coo..i forgot it was called 'Mobile Finder" and not just Finder lol.

yea guys that bundle i dont' think can be used for mac

BUT

on the ziphone website, theres a link for a mac gui...when u download it, it will have a txt extension. Delete that extension and theres another extension there (.tbz) Keep that as the extension and it will make it a zip file, unzip and BAM the app is there. I just used it to jailbreak and so far so good.

It took under a minute to jailbreak but in the ziphone log, it said it turned up 1 Error. So far i've been using it for 10 mins and haven't seen anything wrong. Some themes don't work tho.

Also, where is the Finder app in the Installer??