Just Dread Apple Watch Updates

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 3goldens, May 10, 2019.

1. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

Why is it that every single update takes forrrrever?

Am I doing something wrong but I have gotten to the point I just can't stand doing them across three watches. It does not ever happen over night and mostly when I take one off the charger and put it on for the day.

I get the friendly pop up, hey there's an update. Oh sure I have an hour to waste sitting here waiting for you to download and then install a dam update. So I end up at some point sitting there doing them all at once. Why does this have to be so painful?

2. iGeneo macrumors regular

iGeneo

3. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

My Series 2 was like that about 10 months ago, but lately they've been updating in relatively reasonable amount of time, probably 15 minutes max.

I would try hard-resetting both your phone and watch, and make sure your phone is completely up to date as well

And worst case scenarios, repairing or factory resetting.

4. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

Crap is there a new update?

My cellular still doesn't even work on mine because I need to re-pair it to sync it up, and I've basically just refused to take the time, and mess up all my crap.

5. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

I just do them before I go to bed. Never seems like a big deal that way.

6. Significant1 macrumors 6502a

Disable bt on phone in settings and ignore warning in watch app, then update is transferred by wifi in no time. Rest is the actual update on watch.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Updating my Apple watches have always been painfully s l o w.

Glad to hear that next update will be OTA so I can set it to start updating before I go to bed!