Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j26

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Aaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

It was connected to the phone line and I tripped over the cable.

Luckly there is no major damage, just a couple of scratches.

What I need ot know is, do I have to do any tests to see if it is ok, or can I just trust that it is working, since I managed to get back on the internet?

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
Make sure your RAM and airport card (if there is one) are still tightly in their slots.

Be glad you plugged into a powerbook instead of plugging your line into a $2,000 vase.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Sorry to hear about your accident. Make sure RAM and your airport card (as posted above) are installed/seated properly. Just be glad your 'book did not suffer more severe damage.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Yes, running the CD that comes with your AppleCare will perform hardware tests. It's essentially Tech Tools. Sounds good though that you are able to get on the Internet. Good luck. ;)

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
buryyourbrideau said:
if you had got applecare, run the hardware test cd that came with it and that will check everything.

My iBook came with a separate HW Test CD... a boot disk

This is a different program than the one that comes with Applecare right?

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
cardiac dave said:
My iBook came with a separate HW Test CD... a boot disk This is a different program than the one that comes with Applecare right?

Apple Care Protection Plan issues TechTool Deluxe which, as mentioned, will run HW Test as will the Software Install and Restore DiskI supplied with the new PB. With the Restore Disk inserted and rebooting with the Option Key held down, the menu for Hardware Test will show from the Disk.
X

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Dang it, Lacero beat me to it lol.

Sorry to hear about the little trip. Probably scared the hell out of you. I mean, that tile's gotta be expensive. Just kidding, probably did scare you about the PB. I know I would freak out if I dropped my iBook. Apple's laptops are tough though. Hope everythings well and ok.

Good luck.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I broke my ethernet port and later the HD failed. Watch the HD.

If you have to replace it, read here.

The local Apple guys were supprised. And so was I, no logic board damage. These things are tanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.