Just Filled Out AT&T Survey

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nanook, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Nanook macrumors regular

Nanook

Bought a 3G last Sunday, and got the email invite yesterday. Filled it out this morning, and here's what I said about the iPhone:
    ---
    Basic functionality missing, i.e. select/copy/paste, char count in SMS, Bluetooth file transfer, tethering, vCard business card "beaming," voice dial, MMS, video recording.

"Silent" switch still allows sounds other than ringer, switching between apps is clumsy (must go to home screen each time), finding contacts is clumsy (must go to top of list to bring up search keyboard), general lack of customizability, i.e. cannot change icon sizes or most sounds, no "missed call" reminder beep.

Basically, the phone seems "crippled."
    ---

And here's what I said about AT&T:
    ---
    Calls dropped more frequently in Los Angeles than with Verizon, future tethering plan an exorbitant additional $30/mo. in addition to existing $30/mo. data plan. It's all data, and we're already paying for it. Why make a different method of getting it double the price?
    ---

Of course, I didn't mention that I just jailbroke the phone the other day, and that addressed a few of my complaints. But I shouldn't have to, now, should I? ;)

Hope they listen!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I would restore it, and return it at the earliest possible moment, b/c that's way too many issues for me to live with on a daily basis. It just sounds like the 3G iPhone is just too much iPhone for you and that you might be happier with the BB Storm from Verizon, as well as their fewer dropped calls campaign. Yup, some people are just not meant to own an iPhone and be happy; take it back...:cool:

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Darn, I wish I got that survey. I've got some things to say too.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Seriously, I wonder why some of the people I see posting on MR even have an iPhone. :confused:

5. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Who are you talking about specifically? If to me, then I invite you to look through my other posts and you will clearly see that I do indeed have one.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Not if, but WHY.

7. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Your right. My bad. Sorry Mikey for poor reading comprehension. :D

8. Nanook thread starter macrumors regular

Nanook

Whoa there! Never said I wasn't happy with it. I gave it a 7/10 overall. I realize there is no such thing as the perfect phone, but I'm glad they sent me the survey, and hope that someone is listening to help bring it closer to perfection.

Jailbreaking has been a revelation; it's just a shame that the phone has to be hacked in order to make it more usable.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Seriously. It's like there are no other smart phones available. A lot of 'em are probably the people who shelled out $600 on day one knowing all the faults of the device, then bitched when it got cheaper, and continually bitch about what it *doesn't* have.

Me? I waited until the price dropped, knew what I was getting (as did everybody else), and really like it mainly because I no longer need both a phone and an iPod. There are a lot of things wrong with it, but not nearly as much as there is right with it.

10. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

I don't know how anyone could call a phone "crippled" and give it a 7/10 rating.

Look, your original post, to me, made it sound like you hated the phone. That is the impression several other people had too.

S-

11. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

No worries! :p

Exactly. I can even see purchasing an iPhone without necessarily knowing what it can and can't do- that's why they have a 30-day trial period. Like you said, there are things wrong with the iPhone, but the good definitely outweighs the bad for this user.

12. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

I don't see all of these problems really. I can careless about cut and paste. If I need it that bad, I sit in front of my mac. I have always been able to send pictures from my email to people on cell phones using the (i.e. @vtext.com) after the number. I jailbroke so I have video recording. If I want to file transfer I ssh or sync. I don't complain about a $30 data plan because I was well aware of it when I bought the phone. Furthermore I researched the phone before I bought it so I knew the ins and outs of it. I wouldn't say it's crippled. It's a phone that happens to do a whole lot more. It sure does a lot more than my landline