Just Finished Crysis Warhead On My Mac Pro.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ildondeigiocchi macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

I must say that Crysis Warhead is a fantastic game, better than the original. The gameplay is a lot more consistent and inviting however unlike you've heard elsewhere it is a tiny bit more demanding than the original Crysis.

My mac pro specs:

2.8 GHZ Eight Core Intel Xeon Processors
    2GB RAM
    500 GB Hard Drive
    2 Superdrives
    Nvidia GeForce 8800GT (Planning on upgrading soon)
    30" Apple Cinema Display
    Boot Camp Partition with Windows XP Pro 32 bit Edition (Planning to upgrade to Vista- still reluctant to do so)

On 1600 by 1900 all settings on GAMER (high in Crysis menu), 2X AA and 8X AF. I got a range anywhere from 13 to 32 FPS. Its quite demanding. The great thing about this new game is that it also allows you to turn on the graphics to very high in XP which the previous game didn't. Since the game got laggy at times, I plan on waiting till Apple ships an extreme gamers card which I need ie. something like GTX 280 or 4870 X2.

2. Hamsterz macrumors member

3. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Some lag at times but look the 8800GT is getting outdated and i plan on upgrading to something better soon.

4. belunos macrumors member

ATI said they weren't making the 4870x2 for the Mac, and I doubt nVidia plans it for the gx280. You may be better off just getting one of those cards for exclusive use in Winmode