Just for Fun - Pathetic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacAndMic, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Just for Fun - Pathetic

As I sit here in my house patiently awaiting delivery of my iPhone 4, my head turns to look outside every time a I hear a vehicle pass by, like a dog waiting for his master. I even resorted to running to the window when it sounds like a large vehicle, like a UPS truck.

I was so excited to see "out for delivery" on my UPS status that I opened the garage door at 8:00am. I don't know why, maybe I just want the UPS man to REALLY realize I am home?

Earlier today I noticed a late teens male walking down the street on a cell phone. He got to the end of the street and then turned around and walked back. I immediately thought that he may be a macrumors member and some how deciphered my posts and found my address so he can intercept the device. I then remembered that people walking, running and biking to the end of the road and turning around happens every day, thats what the people who stay in shape do on a daily basis around here. They walk, run or bike out of their development, down my road and then turn around.

I can't help but wonder, does the UPS man know where I really live? He only comes here every week to drop off materials from customers in preparation for their jobs.

It's 2:15, where is he?! Last Friday he delivered toner to me at 1:29, I even checked my shipping history just a minute ago, it was 1:29! I guess he's been interrupted delivering everybody else's iPhone.

Let me check my delivery status once more. Doh, still out for delivery. What was I expecting, the status be marked as delivered? Wait a second, what if he delivers it to the wrong address……….!

Just for fun, but I guess I am definitely a little pathetic.

2. muledogus macrumors 6502

I've been hanging out the windows too. Good thing this Germany match is about to start. Finally something to take my mind off of it for a little while.

3. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ha, at my office it was a bit comical.

Everytime the door 'dinged' I sprinted to the front door. It became a game with the rest of the people in the office to open the door.

The FedEx guy usually shows around 8:30. At 10:30 there was a FedEx truck cruising the parking lot. The truck then drove off down the highway. At that point I was in almost in tears. Apparently, the office manager knew what I had coming today and told the driver yesterday to play a joke on me. Finally, about 10 minutes later, he came back and delivered my phone.

4. Zexel macrumors member

I did the same thing at my house. I've been sitting in my room all day with the window open so I could hear the traffic on my street. Everytime I heard a diesel engine that sounded like it was slowing down, I would go downstairs and peek through the window.