Just found out there's a new Apple Store in town ! :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wangchunggti337, Jul 8, 2007.

1. wangchunggti337 macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

I just heard from a friend that a new Apple store was opening in town. I didn't quite believe it so I looked it up online and sure enough. The grand opening was on the 7th and I missed it :(

I just found out and they're closed right now. I am thinking of applying to work there, but have a few questions.

Since the store is already opened, are they already stocked with plenty of emplyees? Or is it likely they're still hiring?

What is involved in applying? Anything I should know going into it?

As with every job, there are certain criteria they are looking for. What do they want in an Apple employee?

I know employees are not supposed to be too open on forums, so I guess this is just a general discussion. If this thread is violating anything, please let me know and I'll edit it.

Thanks for looking :)

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Care to elaborate what state? On a side note, there was an article a couple days ago that Apple was in discussion with the owners of the Royal Hawaiian shopping center in Waikiki about building an Apple store. Which would bring the total count of Apple stores in the state of Hawaii to three, albeit all on the island of O'ahu.

3. wangchunggti337 thread starter macrumors regular

wangchunggti337

Sorry about that...

It's in Madison, WI, West Towne

4. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

They've already hired their team (I know the general manager), so unless somebody quits or they hire seasonal employees for the holiday season, I'd say you're out of luck.

Other than that, lately, I don't think they're looking for somebody who knows everything about Macs, but can't easily convey that to customers or sell them+AppleCare+.Mac+ProCare (or whatever they're calling it these days). So if you're one of these people, good luck. They'll take almost anybody who they think can sell these days. Just be yourself if you ever get an interview, but be personable, a little animated, and comfortable selling and dumbing tech down so gramma Martha from Oconomowoc can understand..