Just found some excellent speakers!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by paulg1979, Mar 9, 2009.

1. paulg1979 macrumors member

Hi all,

Just purchased a mac pro and obviously needed some speakers as the Mac Pro one is pretty crap. So I bought these.

http://sg.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=4&subcategory=789&product=18021

I must say these are amazing little speakers with good detail and bass. I wouldn't expect such a small speaker to produce such a nice warm sound.

I'm a Naim Audio man and love my music and I must say I enjoy sitting in front of my computer listening to these just as much as I do in front of my Naim system costing £5000. Not sure what that is in dollars but its a lot.

Heres a pic of them. Ignore the dust, I'm due a spring clean soon :D

[​IMG]

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I have actually been considering those very same speakers, but have not seen them anywhere for demo, so I haven't heard them. I don't want to take the space for a subwoofer, so a 2.0 system like this would be ideal if it sounds good. I also don't want a clutter of wires, since I have an iMac and like the non-cluttered look of it. I wouldn't expect (and don't even like) earth-shattering bass, just natural sound.

3. sebb630 macrumors newbie

I changed my speakers 1 month ago. I looked at the reviews on the net and at the final choice, I had to choose between those and Logitech Z-2300. Finally, I got the Z-2300 because of the subwoofer, but those speakers was considered in my top2 2.0 or 2.1 best speakers to get!

I'm sure they are excellent speakers!

4. paulg1979 thread starter macrumors member

Yes they really are impressive. I never tried a 2.1 system. I've always thought the bass, midrange and treble sounds best from one direction. What are the separate bass boxes like? Are they in time with the music? These T40's give an amazing accurate bassline.

5. OptyCT macrumors 6502

Okay, so you spent thousands on your Mac. How about spending $500 on a new desk? j/k :)

BTW..those speakers look nice with that monitor.

6. paulg1979 thread starter macrumors member

Its because i've spent thousands on a mac that I can't afford a new desk.:)

Getting married soon so don't want the fiancee to think I'm spending too much money on my mac and not enough on the wedding ;)