Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Yeah uhh.. No. We don't know that for sure, neither do they. They don't know more than we do, except for when they actually have a product in. Even if the iPods are shipping out and Wednesday is an expected release day, they have no idea when the product s are going to get there and what products are in each shipment. I remember last year I waited at the Apple Store for 5 hours on launch day for the 5G iPod nano, they never got it in until the next day until 11:30 am. I'm not saying it's impossible, just don't take their word for it.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
Yeah uhh.. No. We don't know that for sure, neither do they. They don't know more than we do, except for when they actually have a product in. Even if the iPods are shipping out and Wednesday is an expected release day, they have no idea when the product s are going to get there and what products are in each shipment. I remember last year I waited at the Apple Store for 5 hours on launch day for the 5G iPod nano, they never got it in until the next day until 11:30 am. I'm not saying it's impossible, just don't take their word for it.

I actually called 2 other Apple stores and they also said Wednesday! So I think it's a 99% chance that they will have them by then!

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I actually called 2 other Apple stores and they also said Wednesday! So I think it's a 99% chance that they will have them by then!

There's a chance they only said Wednesday because that is exactly one week after the event, at which Steve Jobs said one week. So maybe, maybe not.

Wigginn

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Lol. I'm not going to kill myself to get the iPod Touch. I'm going to walk into Walmart or Bestbuy one day after school, and just buy it. If it's sold out that day, I'll come back the next day or go to another store. No big deal. I won't die if I don't receive it on Wednesday.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Lol. I'm not going to kill myself to get the iPod Touch. I'm going to walk into Walmart or Bestbuy one day after school, and just buy it. If it's sold out that day, I'll come back the next day or go to another store. No big deal. I won't die if I don't receive it on Wednesday.

See, that's where you're wrong. You will die. Slow, and painful. You're body won't be able to handle not having the new iPod touch the second it is available.

My store said Thursday.... :confused:

Exactly what I mean. If the store received a notice on which day they are getting them then all the store would say the same day.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
THe bestbuy where i live by gets them tomorrow!!!! and i preorderd :D

I doubt that.

How likely is it that they'll be a huge demand for the Touch like the iPhone 4?

There may not be as huge of a demand, but I doubt as many iPod touch 4Gs are going to be before the release unlike the iPhone 4. So there's a chance it may be sold out for a few days, depending on your store and city.

fel10

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Woodstock, GA USA
The reason why I think they are really going to be available on Wednesday, is because I called them Sunday and they said it was sometime next week but they didn't know the exact day! But when I called them today, they gave me a specific day, and they were pretty sure about it!

RayLancer

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2010
There's an Apple Campus here in Sacramento, I'm sure stores here will get theirs soon :D

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
The Canadian Best Buy stores have indicated on their website that the Touches will be in their "warehouse" on September 7, 2010.

LOL, another reason to go tomorrow for the iPod touch. :p

EDIT: The Best Buy site says Sept. 8... I'm still checking tomorrow. :p

st0ner

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
not seeing many aussies on the forums, but if anyone is interested, i just called Apple store Bondi and they said the official Australian release is September 8th.

For all your Americans, the US release should also be on wednesday, but us aussies get it earlier because of the time difference (earlier 18 hours, so we get it Tuesday afternoon Pacific standard time):D

psychPurple

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
not seeing many aussies on the forums, but if anyone is interested, i just called Apple store Bondi and they said the official Australian release is September 8th.

For all your Americans, the US release should also be on wednesday, but us aussies get it earlier because of the time difference (earlier 18 hours, so we get it Tuesday afternoon Pacific standard time):D

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

JB HI FI gets the same day or is apple trying to take the first bite?

kaheiyeh

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

JB HI FI gets the same day or is apple trying to take the first bite?

I'd like to know too. My friend who works at DSE has no clue when they're coming in, but he said he'd tell me when he sees them in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.