Just gave the Apple Store a call, and...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fel10, Sep 6, 2010.

1. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

The guy said that the new iPods are arriving this Wednesday!! I just thought u guys would like to know!!

2. Cuz03 macrumors member

at all stores or just apple. i hope other stores too

3. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

Not sure if its for all stores. I think its just for Apple Stores. I'm not sure.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Yeah uhh.. No. We don't know that for sure, neither do they. They don't know more than we do, except for when they actually have a product in. Even if the iPods are shipping out and Wednesday is an expected release day, they have no idea when the product s are going to get there and what products are in each shipment. I remember last year I waited at the Apple Store for 5 hours on launch day for the 5G iPod nano, they never got it in until the next day until 11:30 am. I'm not saying it's impossible, just don't take their word for it.

5. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

I actually called 2 other Apple stores and they also said Wednesday! So I think it's a 99% chance that they will have them by then!

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

There's a chance they only said Wednesday because that is exactly one week after the event, at which Steve Jobs said one week. So maybe, maybe not.

7. Old Blue macrumors member

What's next your going to tell us Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are fake...:(

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

No. Those are real, definitely. The government, that's what's fake. Sorry to let you know like this.

9. Wigginn macrumors newbie

Lol. I'm not going to kill myself to get the iPod Touch. I'm going to walk into Walmart or Bestbuy one day after school, and just buy it. If it's sold out that day, I'll come back the next day or go to another store. No big deal. I won't die if I don't receive it on Wednesday.

10. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

11. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

See, that's where you're wrong. You will die. Slow, and painful. You're body won't be able to handle not having the new iPod touch the second it is available.

Exactly what I mean. If the store received a notice on which day they are getting them then all the store would say the same day.

12. xriderx11 macrumors regular

THe bestbuy where i live by gets them tomorrow!!!! and i preorderd :D

13. Rocks. macrumors member

REALLY? Are they 100% sure and confirmed that they get them tomorrow, or is it just an estimate?

14. Neebee macrumors 6502a

How likely is it that they'll be a huge demand for the Touch like the iPhone 4?

Any word on when Costco will carry the new iPod Touch?

15. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I doubt that.

There may not be as huge of a demand, but I doubt as many iPod touch 4Gs are going to be before the release unlike the iPhone 4. So there's a chance it may be sold out for a few days, depending on your store and city.

16. fel10 thread starter macrumors 68000

fel10

The reason why I think they are really going to be available on Wednesday, is because I called them Sunday and they said it was sometime next week but they didn't know the exact day! But when I called them today, they gave me a specific day, and they were pretty sure about it!

17. Neebee macrumors 6502a

The Canadian Best Buy stores have indicated on their website that the Touches will be in their "warehouse" on September 7, 2010.

18. RayLancer macrumors member

There's an Apple Campus here in Sacramento, I'm sure stores here will get theirs soon :D

19. SoraLimit macrumors regular

LOL, another reason to go tomorrow for the iPod touch. :p

EDIT: The Best Buy site says Sept. 8... I'm still checking tomorrow. :p

20. pimpp macrumors newbie

i just called my local best buy and they said tat they will be out for sale on wendsday or thursday:apple:

21. st0ner macrumors newbie

not seeing many aussies on the forums, but if anyone is interested, i just called Apple store Bondi and they said the official Australian release is September 8th.

For all your Americans, the US release should also be on wednesday, but us aussies get it earlier because of the time difference (earlier 18 hours, so we get it Tuesday afternoon Pacific standard time):D

22. psychPurple macrumors member

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

JB HI FI gets the same day or is apple trying to take the first bite?

23. kaheiyeh macrumors member

I'd like to know too. My friend who works at DSE has no clue when they're coming in, but he said he'd tell me when he sees them in.