Just give me my new iPhone already!!!! Thread.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callmemike20, Jun 3, 2008.

1. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

So, we have all waited long enough. With June 9th less than a week a way, it is time to start thinking about this big purchase that many of us have been waiting for.

This thread is for everyone who plans on buying the new iPhone when it is released. Give answers to some of these questions if you wish:

1) How long have you been waiting and/or saving for the update?
    2) Do you plan on buying it on release day? yes or no?
    3) What ***1*** rumored feature are you most excited about?
    4) Do you have a current generation iPhone that you plan on upgrading?

For me:

1)Since the rumors started.
    2)Yes.
    3)3G
    4)Nope.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

1) I have been waiting since Steve Jobs said that a 3G iPhone would be coming in 2008. I have been saving since last week (I should have started earlier, but trips to manhattan emptied my pockets)

2) I want to, but I don't think I'll have all of the funds, I do want to ask my mom if I can borrow though.

3) I hope that the phone does infact have a video recorder that can upload straight to youtube (doubt it)

4) I sure do, had it since June 29, 2007 and plan on selling it ASAP

3. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

1) Since Feb when I first started following 3G rumors.
    2) Yes, I hope to get it at a local store, but will also purchase online.
    3) Front Video Camera. 3G is a given.
    4) Already sold it on eBay.

4. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Good thread !

1. I have been waiting to get an iPhone since it was annoucned a year ago but my Verizon contract held me up. I also have been without a cell phone and ipod (touch) for about 2 weeks in preparation for the 3g iphone...sold them both.

2. I DEFINITELY will buy it on release day. CANT WAIT !!!!

3. The thing I am most excited about is the rumor that it will subsidized. I do not have 3g even in my state and GPS isn't a huge thing either.

4. No, this is my first iPhone !

5. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

1) Since I first started hearing the rumors, but I've been planning on getting an iPhone now since September (waiting for my contract to expire).
    2)Of course.
    3)Hoping for a front-side camera
    4)Nope. It will be my first iPhone, which I will follow up soon after by buying my first Apple computer.:cool:

6. flavamactop macrumors member

1) Since January
    2) No, but only because I need to wait until my Verizon contract expires in July
    3) GPS
    4) Nope, still on Verizon

7. callmemike20 thread starter macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Seems like everyone needs to wait for their verizon contract to end. I'm in the same boat, but my contract actually ended last month, so I don't know what I'm doing. Are they suppose to turn my phone off or something? Or do I just wait and cancel it?

8. Requiemm macrumors regular

1) I've been wanting an iPhone since they came out but we're on Verizon so I had given up hope. I even went so far as to buy myself the HTC Touch in a vain attempt to assuage my iPhone lust, (didn't work, the touch is a pale shadow of the iPhone greatness). Then a miracle happened. on May 17th my wife and I wandered into the Apple store in Columbia, MD. She happened to pick up a touch and instantly fell in love. I saw my opportunity and mentioned that the iphone would work as well and then we could give my 80gig video to our daughter for watching in the car. SOLD!!! She said that would work.

2) Depends, see next answer

3) Subsidies. If it's subsidized the wife, (She who must be obeyed), will allow us to buy on launch instead of waiting until 8/26 when our Verizon contract runs out.

4)Nope, and the HTC touch already went back to Verizon.

Sorry for the long story, it was my fist post.

~Conan

9. neven macrumors 6502a

You're on a month-to-month plan now. They will keep billing you monthly on the same terms as before, but you can cancel any time. Don't let them give you a hard time - just tell them you're moving to AT&T to get an iPhone. Then enjoy the pitch that follows :)

10. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

If you want to port your number, do not cancel your Verizon account. They will close it out and send you any money they owe you after you port to AT&T.

That is my experience from last October (Verizon to AT&T port).

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

1) Been waiting since the original iPhone announcement.
    2) Buying on launch day.
    3) Excited about GPS (hopefully!)
    4) Nope. I've been holding off on an iPhone for a good long time now.

12. SRSound macrumors 6502

1) When the first gen phone was announced, I was torn because I really wanted GPS/iChat so I planned on waiting for the next revision. Of course I gave up at Christmas and got one anyway
    2) Yes, provided I don't have to wait hours in a line a mile long
    3) GPS/iChat and I'll be VERY happy
    4) Yes - see #1

13. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

1) May 12th when I sold my 16GB
    2) YES
    3) Red
    4) Already sold it, 16GB

14. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    1) Pretty much since the original iphone was announced (jan '07). despite my extreme awe for the iphone I wasn't planning on buying one untill an update.
    2) probably, I don't plan on waiting in line though. so If I wait till day 2 so be it.
    3) well 3g is already a 'no duh' so I'm gonna go with improved camera. everything else (video chat, gps, mobile tv) are nice features, but i wouldn't use them all that often. what i really want out of the iphone is a all-in-one phone, music player, internet, and camera combo. It's hard to rationalize using ur iphone as your sole camera when it's 2mp. I would like at LEAST 3.2 with good features, such as flash.
    4) I don't have an iphone.. yet..

15. ScottSFA macrumors member

1. Since November
    2. Probably the End of June
    3. GPS
    4. Nope

16. TJ10 macrumors member

TJ10

1-Since I sold my iPhone
    2-Most likely
    3-GPS/3G
    4-Sold 16GB a week ago

17. S Brake macrumors regular

I've been lurking for a while and decided that this would be a good first post.

1) I've been waiting since last November when I first watched the iPhone instructional videos on apple's site
    2) I'll probably pick one up in July or August, I'm not in a huge hurry because I'm also saving up for my first macbook
    3) GPS is what I've been waiting for
    4) I currently have a Blackberry pearl that I will either attempt to sell or trade in when I do end up getting an iPhone

18. nlivo macrumors 6502a

I haven't been waiting too long. I got my iPhone in feb/march (I live in Australia). I only decided to sell it about a week ago and its currently on ebay as I type. The only reason I decided to sell was because I really want the iPhone legitamately. So the features I am looking for is for it to be released here in Australia on telstra with a decent plan and UNLIMITED DATA!!!!!

19. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

1)Since MR started rumors of 3G
    2)Definitely
    3)3G
    4)8gb iphone

20. maxxscholten macrumors regular

I keep debating whether I am going to get a new 3G one :(

I would love to have one, but I am contempt with mine right now, and I have other things that I need to pay off/purchase before I get a new iPhone.

But my brother is getting one as a gift from my old man, and he has never been an Apple fan, and often criticizes Apple, and now he's boasting about it every time I bring it up.

So I guess I won't be getting a new one.... for now :rolleyes:

21. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

1) I recently got a nice bonus and have more than enough to cover the price of the 3G iPhone. $700 would absolutely kill my bonus though as I am hoping to buy some other things too and that really puts a dent in it.

2) I plan on it but if it is as crazy as the original iPhone launch, I may not be able to get one

3) The applications are what I am so excited about

4) Yes but I doubt I get much of an upgrade discount

22. three macrumors 6502a

three

1) Since I first heard the rumours.
    2) No.
    3) 3G.
    4) Nope, this is going to be my first iPhone.

23. sjw macrumors regular

1) I've been waiting since March

2) I will definitely try to buy it on launch day, hopefully in my lunch break, if not then after work

3) 3G - it's the main reason for wanting an iPhone, to have (fast) connectivity wherever I go, but also to a lesser degree GPS and apps

4) This will be my first iPhone, replacing my trusty SEK800i

24. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

For me:

1)Since iPhone 1 came out, I was waiting for the 3G one since I couldnt get out of Veriyon at the time.
    2)I plan to cancel my Verizon contract on release day, and port my number. So either release day or a few days after.
    3)3G, like most people say.
    4)This will be my first iPhone, so no.

25. moveteam macrumors member

1) Since yesterday, just sold my iPhone for $657 :p
    2) Yes if it's available here (Denmark) and not to expensive, otherwise I may buy it in UK or US
    3) 2: It's probably thinner and HSPDA
    4) Yes ^^ :D (or I had)