Just got 2 new iPads today

HeadGear

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Went to my local Best Buy there was a line of 15 I was number 4, and they had over 200 new iPads. Needless to say I drug my wife out of bed to get a second one since they limit 1 per person.

Both on eBay now...

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
lol

I just got mine delivered to work. Didn't even open it yet. hmm

junglesnake

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2011
Got my 4g at my local Verizon store and was first in line and it's screen it as advertised!! Beautiful!

iosuser

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Apple likely has millions of these in retail outlets. My friend who was going to rob me of my preorder to give to his overseas friend visiting was able to stroll in and buy two with no wait. Doesn't look good for Ebayers dreaming of big profit LOL.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Went to my local Best Buy there was a line of 15 I was number 4, and they had over 200 new iPads. Needless to say I drug my wife out of bed to get a second one since they limit 1 per person.

Both on eBay now...
Really? You dragged your wife out of bed to lose $40-50 on eBay? :confused:

HeadGear

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Didn't drug her just said FIRE!!! haha. I bought 2 to sell, but I ordered 5 for me and my family. Don't worry I'm definitely paying for it in the end, I only post on eBay to help others get them.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
wow.

So you didn't put together simple supply and demand?

Let me break this down for you:

Historically, selling things for an inflated price on eBay was dependent on SUPPLY and DEMAND. More specifically, if the DEMAND was GREATER than the supply.

So as you were standing in the fifteen-person line at best buy and you found out that they had over TWO HUNDRED new iPads, you didn't put it together that in this case the SUPPLY was actually GREATER than the DEMAND and perhaps that's a nationwide thing (as per another thread on here posted by a BB employee who said all BB stores are well-stocked)?

So in your infinate wisdom, you drugged your poor wife out of bed (lol) and had her go up and buy an iPad to try to sell on eBay?

More directly: HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR IPADS ARE GOING TO SELL ON EBAY WHEN YOUR LOCAL BEST BUY (AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS) HAVE PLENTY OF SUPPLY?

you sir, get a huge facepalm.

----------

Don't worry I'm definitely paying for it in the end, I only post on eBay to help others get them.
uh-huh... not taking ANY profit on these... why don't you prove it by posting links to your ebay auctions?

smiddlehurst

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2007
Didn't drug her just said FIRE!!! haha. I bought 2 to sell, but I ordered 5 for me and my family. Don't worry I'm definitely paying for it in the end, I only post on eBay to help others get them.
Riiight... so I assume that you've posted them on eBay with just a Buy It Now price of retail cost then?

Wrathwitch

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2009
wow.

Historically, selling things for an inflated price on eBay was dependent on SUPPLY and DEMAND. More specifically, if the DEMAND was GREATER than the supply.

So as you were standing in the fifteen-person line at best buy and you found out that they had over TWO HUNDRED new iPads, you didn't put it together that in this case the SUPPLY was actually GREATER than the DEMAND and perhaps that's a nationwide thing (as per another thread on here posted by a BB employee who said all BB stores are well-stocked)?

So in your infinate wisdom, you drugged your poor wife out of bed (lol) and had her go up and buy an iPad to try to sell on eBay?

More directly: HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR IPADS ARE GOING TO SELL ON EBAY WHEN YOUR LOCAL BEST BUY (AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS) HAVE PLENTY OF SUPPLY?

Ya know what though? There is always stupid people out there to take advantage of though. I get the same behaviour when I play online poker, you have a good table $10/20 buy in and inevitably some jerk comes in and repeatedly slams down 5k as a raise, rather than everyone folding, someone always nibbles.

Takes the fun right out of things.

Bottom line is there is always going to be someone who bases their purchasing decision on what has formerly happened, not bothering to research, who will jump on the bandwagon.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The price of 16GB iPads on eBay seems to be settling around the $600 mark - after eBay and PayPal fees (plus the tax on the original purchase) I guess there's not much profit in scalping iPads this year

nozebleed

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
so, you drag your wife out of bed to get 2, rather than walking out of store, and back in, since the line was only 15. on top of this, they have over 200 and you think you are going to get more than retail for it on ebay?

you sir, are genius

HeadGear

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
so, you drag your wife out of bed to get 2, rather than walking out of store, and back in, since the line was only 15. on top of this, they have over 200 and you think you are going to get more than retail for it on ebay?

you sir, are genius
They only allow you to purchase 1 at this store. They take your name, etc and hand out a sheet. Had to use a different person but the same card =).

wow.

Both sold already for $1,300! Back for more.

Just because my local area has plenty doesn't mean everyone else does, there is a sucker born every minute!

Also our Apple store 5 miles from this Best Buy had over 300+ people waiting at 3am, they sold out before 9am (apparently they are getting a shipment this morning so who knows what they have now). Not many people come to my end of town since it's a business area no one thought there would be iPads I guess, who knows who cares I'm making money and thats what matters to me.

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
They only allow you to purchase 1 at this store. They take your name, etc and hand out a sheet. Had to use a different person but the same card =).

Both sold already for $1,300! Back for more.

Just because my local area has plenty doesn't mean everyone else does, there is a sucker born every minute!

Also our Apple store 5 miles from this Best Buy had over 300+ people waiting at 3am, they sold out before 9am (apparently they are getting a shipment this morning so who knows what they have now). Not many people come to my end of town since it's a business area no one thought there would be iPads I guess, who knows who cares I'm making money and thats what matters to me.
the $1,300 isn't for sure until the paypal 90 day period ends. Hopefully no one does a chargeback on you :)

Why do peeps have to come here and brag if you are scalping. How about you and your wife go get jobs instead.

Last edited:

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011

He went from being "helpful to others" to this. Priceless.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Do you guys really care if someone tries to make a few bucks on eBay? It's not like he is forcing people to buy them. He may make a few bucks, lose his ass or somewhere in between. But do you really care? :confused:

rmhop81

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Dallas, TX
Do you guys really care if someone tries to make a few bucks on eBay? It's not like he is forcing people to buy them. He may make a few bucks, lose his ass or somewhere in between. But do you really care? :confused:
the point is we don't. so why make a thread about it to brag? we didn't make the thread...he did remember

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
I don't care that he does. It's interesting that he's such a douche as to brag about it. That's why I love MacRumors - this level of entertainment is totally free!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm so worried about the human race. A married man, assuming he is an adult, and this thread ... oh Lord.