Just got 2 new iPads today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HeadGear, Mar 16, 2012.

1. HeadGear macrumors member

Went to my local Best Buy there was a line of 15 I was number 4, and they had over 200 new iPads. Needless to say I drug my wife out of bed to get a second one since they limit 1 per person.

Both on eBay now...

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

3. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

lol

I just got mine delivered to work. Didn't even open it yet. hmm

4. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Got my 4g at my local Verizon store and was first in line and it's screen it as advertised!! Beautiful!

5. Icculus macrumors 6502

Thanks for coming here to brag about scalping your iPads. I hope they go bust on e-bay.

6. iosuser macrumors 6502a

Apple likely has millions of these in retail outlets. My friend who was going to rob me of my preorder to give to his overseas friend visiting was able to stroll in and buy two with no wait. Doesn't look good for Ebayers dreaming of big profit LOL.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Really? You dragged your wife out of bed to lose $40-50 on eBay? :confused:

8. HeadGear thread starter macrumors member

Didn't drug her just said FIRE!!! haha. I bought 2 to sell, but I ordered 5 for me and my family. Don't worry I'm definitely paying for it in the end, I only post on eBay to help others get them.

9. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

wow.

So you didn't put together simple supply and demand?

Let me break this down for you:

Historically, selling things for an inflated price on eBay was dependent on SUPPLY and DEMAND. More specifically, if the DEMAND was GREATER than the supply.

So as you were standing in the fifteen-person line at best buy and you found out that they had over TWO HUNDRED new iPads, you didn't put it together that in this case the SUPPLY was actually GREATER than the DEMAND and perhaps that's a nationwide thing (as per another thread on here posted by a BB employee who said all BB stores are well-stocked)?

So in your infinate wisdom, you drugged your poor wife out of bed (lol) and had her go up and buy an iPad to try to sell on eBay?

More directly: HOW THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR IPADS ARE GOING TO SELL ON EBAY WHEN YOUR LOCAL BEST BUY (AND PROBABLY MANY OTHERS) HAVE PLENTY OF SUPPLY?

you sir, get a huge facepalm.

----------

uh-huh... not taking ANY profit on these... why don't you prove it by posting links to your ebay auctions?

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Here, let me help out with that...

[​IMG]

11. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

Riiight... so I assume that you've posted them on eBay with just a Buy It Now price of retail cost then?

12. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Ya know what though? There is always stupid people out there to take advantage of though. I get the same behaviour when I play online poker, you have a good table $10/20 buy in and inevitably some jerk comes in and repeatedly slams down 5k as a raise, rather than everyone folding, someone always nibbles.

Takes the fun right out of things.

Bottom line is there is always going to be someone who bases their purchasing decision on what has formerly happened, not bothering to research, who will jump on the bandwagon.

13. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

The price of 16GB iPads on eBay seems to be settling around the $600 mark - after eBay and PayPal fees (plus the tax on the original purchase) I guess there's not much profit in scalping iPads this year

14. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

thank you.

15. nozebleed macrumors 6502

so, you drag your wife out of bed to get 2, rather than walking out of store, and back in, since the line was only 15. on top of this, they have over 200 and you think you are going to get more than retail for it on ebay?

you sir, are genius

16. HeadGear thread starter macrumors member

They only allow you to purchase 1 at this store. They take your name, etc and hand out a sheet. Had to use a different person but the same card =).

Both sold already for $1,300! Back for more.

Just because my local area has plenty doesn't mean everyone else does, there is a sucker born every minute!

Also our Apple store 5 miles from this Best Buy had over 300+ people waiting at 3am, they sold out before 9am (apparently they are getting a shipment this morning so who knows what they have now). Not many people come to my end of town since it's a business area no one thought there would be iPads I guess, who knows who cares I'm making money and thats what matters to me.

17. rmhop81, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

the $1,300 isn't for sure until the paypal 90 day period ends. Hopefully no one does a chargeback on you :)

Why do peeps have to come here and brag if you are scalping. How about you and your wife go get jobs instead.

18. Ccrew macrumors 68020

He went from being "helpful to others" to this. Priceless.

19. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thats why i claim BS

either way a grade A douche

20. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yup goes from helping people to making them a sucker lol

21. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Do you guys really care if someone tries to make a few bucks on eBay? It's not like he is forcing people to buy them. He may make a few bucks, lose his ass or somewhere in between. But do you really care? :confused:

22. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

the point is we don't. so why make a thread about it to brag? we didn't make the thread...he did remember

23. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I don't care that he does. It's interesting that he's such a douche as to brag about it. That's why I love MacRumors - this level of entertainment is totally free!

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm so worried about the human race. A married man, assuming he is an adult, and this thread ... oh Lord.