Just got 27" and leaning toward returning it and getting 21.5?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dizmonk, Dec 4, 2011.

1. dizmonk macrumors regular

So as I mentioned in another thread I just got this thing and I'm feeling like it's too big.

Specifically when I'm in Google Chrome the fonts on the bookmmark bar (and all the icon fonts) seem WAY too small to see. As I understand there's no way to change that font. Is that right?

In addition I find myself raising my head slightly to see the top of the screen which feels odd. I'm going to give myself one more week to get used to this and fool around but I'm inclined to return it and get the 21.5" i7.

Did anyone else find this screen TOO big? What about the font size in a browser (not the font size on the screen as I'm using pinch and zoom)? Is there a way to increase it? Thanks.

2. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

The key combination "Command" and "+" will enlarge the contents in a browser.

3. LSalander macrumors newbie

Are you serious?

I mean previous poster gave you the key to increasing the browser's fonts.

I , in turn, am advising you to get a new chair, or to adjust yours so that you are at a proper distance and a proper heigth to see your screen.

4. BurningJah macrumors regular

No,

no problem at all here. I'm really glad I bought the 27".
    you know how easy it is when you are typing something and need to
    refer from a certain text. Having both the programs open next to each other at half screen each, you don't need to scroll to read everything

5. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"Specifically when I'm in Google Chrome the fonts on the bookmmark bar (and all the icon fonts) seem WAY too small to see. As I understand there's no way to change that font. Is that right?
    In addition I find myself raising my head slightly to see the top of the screen which feels odd. I'm going to give myself one more week to get used to this and fool around but I'm inclined to return it and get the 21.5" i7."

What's important here is the _dot pitch_ (pixel size), and NOT the overall size of the display.

Before you return the 27", check to see what the dot pitch is on the 27" display vis-a-vis the display of the 21".

I wouldn't be surprised if the pixels on the 21" are the SAME SIZE, or possibly even smaller than, those on the 27".

Better check this out first!

6. dizmonk thread starter macrumors regular

When I do that, it's the same effect as pinch and zoom. It increases the fonts on the screen, but not on the bookmarks toolbar. In other words the fonts on my bookmarks are quite small.

7. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have the 2011 iMac 27" with two external 27" displays. Wish they were 30" all three of them. Make sure your distance is good as well as your chair angle/height. Good luck.