Just Got 3g Service!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Minimoose 360, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

This is a celebratory topic. After almost 9 months with my iPhone 3G, I finally have actual 3G service at my college. It was "supposed" to be up and running in September, looks like that didn't happen. ;]

I'm just glad, having paid for all those months and using it sparingly when I am out of state or in NYC.

Just thought I'd share my triumph with you all ;)

2. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

Congratulations! That would drive me insane. It reminds me of my terrible EDGE 2G iPhone days....

3. why so serious macrumors newbie

wow, I go to college in Poughkeepsie as well and I just got 3g and was thinking about it at this moment....small world

4. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

Congrats man!

I've only had my iPhone 3G for about a month and a half and I already cant imagine life without 3G!!!

I wonder whats going to happen when the economy picks back up and I go back to work...

5. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

:(:(I still only have edge and :D:DWiFi

Someday...I will know the true benefits of 3G...whatever that is:confused:

6. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

hey don't you get free wifi at your college? so why would you need 3g anyway?

7. Minimoose 360 thread starter macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I get free WiFi at my college too, but it's only 802.11a which the iPhone doesn't support. AND I was waiting for the Unibody 17" MBP to come out, so I was basically stuck with EDGE and computer labs for months. :[

And why so serious, do you go to Marist? I go to Mount Saint Mary right down the river, but I live in Poughkeepsie. Actually I live right next to Vassar so if you go there that's cool too lol.

You don't know what it was like only having an iPhone with EDGE as your main communication source for months, my battery barely holds a charge anymore because I used it so much for internet. Can't wait to get the new model this summer :cool:

8. why so serious macrumors newbie

as a matter of fact I do go to Marist. I'm actually typing this via 3g iPhone instead of trying to hook up through the unreliable VPN/wireless network. I'm so excited I can actually browse the Internet now!! Haha

9. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68030

Sweet -- congrats! You had to wait a really long time and I bet that sucked. AT&T has not done a good job rolling out their 3G network....

10. Aboo macrumors 6502a

I am still waiting for 3G service at my university, and I get really spotty EDGE coverage here. Still, ATT feels like they should charge me the 30 bucks per month for 3G service. C'est la vie I guess.

11. ViPa macrumors 6502a

congrats, i remember a time when i didnt get 3G..it was horrible!

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Oh nice. I wonder if that's good news for us in the Middletown area.

13. nima macrumors member

nima

what is this 3g we speak of? ive heard no such thing:confused: