just got a 13 incher loaded: impressions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dmb182, Jul 26, 2011.

1. dmb182 macrumors newbie

Well after quite a while waiting for the new macbook air's, once they were released i decided they werent worth it and i instead went with a 13' macbook pro, 8 GB ram and the 2.7ghz i7.

I played with both in store for quite some time and came to the conclusion that as for performance, they were both pretty similar, although the pro was generally faster when multi-tasking with lots of apps or playing around in garage band. I just couldnt part with the superdrive yet and the Air still doesnt seem like enough value for the money. The 13' pro with an i7 seemed like a no brainer.

So far i've noticed this computer is muccchhhhh snappier than my late 2008 15 core duo pro. One adjustment has been the screen. I'm fine with the size but was hoping for a higher resolution. This is what almost made me buy the Air. It seems like the nicer screen should be in the pro line and not in the mobile friendly line. The screen's also not quite as bright as i thought it'd be.

But I LOVE the size and weight. i travel a lot and this is soooo much easier than the 15 to just pop on my lap on a flight. I've thought about doing a SSD upgrade if i have some extra cash lying around. Any online tutorials you guys have used that proved helpful?