Just got a 13" macbook pro and the display is gorgeous

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jul 5, 2011.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Hey guys, I've been out of the Mac loop for a while and just picked one up a few days ago and the display is gorgeous!

I dont know what company display Apple is using on the 13" but its amazingly good. I've owned the 2.4GHz core 2 duo version of the 13" and it wasnt nearly as vibrant as this, especially the black level. I am very impressed. :)

2. Hyper-X macrumors 6502a

I own a base-model 13 MBP and I think it's quite average compared to some others I've used, however to each their own. I think what got you is how glossy the screen is.

3. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

I have owned a 13" 2.4 C2d and currently use a 13" i5...I think the screens are the same. Well at least I cannot tell much of a difference.

4. Philflow macrumors 65816

Agreed. I love my display in the 13" MBP 2011.

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Add me to those impressed with the MacBook Pro 13.3" display. I thought the reflections in the glossy display would be a problem, but like others have said you don't notice them, it's like wearing glasses, you forget that you've got them on and everything looks great. I've only had mine for a few weeks, but I'm loving it more everyday. :)

6. jjahshik32, Jul 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011

jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

This might not be correct but IMO, I think the 2011 13" display seems less glossy or rather a different material than the previous generation.

It doesnt seem as glossy/shiny as before. Not sure how to describe it exactly but it seems to look/feel less slippery.

Another thing to note is that the sound on the 2011 13" mbp sounds much louder too. Before I couldnt hear the internet radio that I listened to (left it on while taking a shower) but now its more than loud enough over the shower. It seems to be much louder and more comfortable to listen to as to before. I wonder if Apple slipped in a bigger speaker or an extra one.

7. Philflow macrumors 65816

The 2011 display is brighter, which leads to less reflections. Perhaps that's what you're seeing?

8. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I love the display on my 13" MBP! I looked at the anti-glare displays in the store just for comparison's sake and to me the colors all looked washed out. I have viewed the glossy displays in different lighting and never had trouble with glare at all. I guess to each their own, everyone is going to see it differently depending on your personal preferences.

9. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

It depends on the light behind you. If you watch a dark movie it's annoying as hell.

I shave in mine each morning while reading the NY Times.

10. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You really have ADD don't you. Didn't you own a maxed out 17" MBP 11 a few months back?

11. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

To each is own. Maybe you should side by side them against the MBA. Now that is a screen to love.

12. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how you do it, but just a tip: Don't have the macbook in the bathroom while taking a shower. The steam can destroy the laptop and you won't be covered my warranty. Actually even if the laptop isn't broken, you may lose your warranty , because when the macbook gets wet (either from water or steam), it can later be told on a repair. And if it seems you wet your mac=no warranty.

13. Vihzel macrumors 6502

What I dislike about the 13" MBP's display: below average resolution.