Just got a 17" iMac G4 1.25GHz 1.25GB model!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jjahshik32, Apr 8, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Wow I'm very surprised that this old machine can run youtube videos via HD!! I knew not to expect to run any type of hd trailers or anything but I just wanted it to at most run HD youtube videos and it does!

I could even end up using this iMac as my main desktop! All around its very fast compared to the 15" 800mhz which has trouble playing standard youtube vids!

This 17" seems barely used, the screen is very bright and whites look still very white compared to my 15" iMac that looks more yellowish due to age and its in mint condition! I'm so very happy!! :D

I guess this iMac can run 360p/480p youtube videos until its 720p/1080p officially.

2. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

Good find. I've always been partial to the iSight G5's (such as I have, and it is my main machine) and the white C(2)D models. I love white Macs, sure the new ones look good, but just about every electronic is silver and black. White just looks so friendly and inviting.

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

A very nice find indeed. It will serve you well.

4. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

How much memory does it have? My 1gb 17" iMac G4 was also a very nice machine when it had 1.5gb! Ran Leopard beautifully. Long live the G4's!

I've always wanted a 20" iMac G4.

5. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

I bought my mom a 1 ghz 15" a long, long time ago and it runs Leo just fine, even with the stock 256 megs of ram =)

I would love to find a nice 20" G4 as well for my kids.

6. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Wow everyone seems to want a 20" imac g4 really bad?

I had a great chance to buy one (opportunity is still there) as the guy in my local area is desperately wanting to get rid of one for $350.

He's the only owner, its in mint condition with no problems, comes with the pro speakers, original keyboard and pro mouse as well.

I almost jumped on it but instead bought a 17" imac g4 on eBay as I decided not to get the bigger screen version (because it couldnt play 720p hd on it anyway).

Damn now I kind of want to go grab that 20" but then I dont need this many computers!!

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

The reason everyone wants a 20" G4 iMac is that they are rare, big screen, and the fastest G4 iMac. The reason they are rare is that they where only sold for nine months and had an original price of US$2,199. They share the same 1.25 Ghz G4 as the top of the line 17" but with a 20" you know you are getting the fastest. And I love my two 20" G4 iMacs. Some of the best things I ever bought.