Just got a 24" ACD. How the heck do I adjust the brightness?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by uv23, Nov 3, 2009.

1. uv23 macrumors 6502

I feel like a super noob for asking such an idiotic question, but there it is. The manual said that when you adjust the brightness on your laptop (I have a 13" MBP) it will also adjust the ACD, but thats not true. So far I have only been able to make adjustments from a slider in the system prefs/display. It can't be that cumbersome can it? Cheers for any enlightenment.

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The slider from the Displays is pretty much it unless you're using your laptop in clamshell mode. In that case the brightness should adjust using brightness keys (course if you're using your laptop in clamshell mode you'll need the Apple keyboard or a keyboard with certain keys in order to adjust the brightness).

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I want to say if you have an :apple: keyboard the brightness keys adjust the brightness of the ACD.

4. ventro macrumors 6502a

And on the old apple keyboards it was like F14-F15 or something like that. I'm sure you can assign a couple of keys to it if you don't have an apple keyboard.

5. uv23 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. mac2x macrumors 65816

Also works if you have your laptop open, but the dock and menu bar on the ACD. If you use an external keyboard, the keyboard's brightness buttons will control the ACD, while the laptop keyboard will control the laptop screen.

7. JackSYi macrumors 6502a

It is a pain to adjust the brightness. I wish the display would take readings from my MBP's ambient light sensor and automatically adjust the brightness level.

8. uv23 thread starter macrumors 6502

I now have an external keyboard and it works fine. The manual was just a bit misleading in saying that adjusting laptop brightness will also adjust acd brightness.

9. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Glad to hear you got it working! :)