Just got a 32gb iPad!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BlackBook88, Dec 18, 2010.

1. BlackBook88 macrumors member

This is the coolest thing I have ever owned. No joke this thing is sweet. I'm surprised I thought it would feel just like a big itouch but it's way different feels a lot more powerful and more like I'm using a touchscreen MacBook minus the keyboard. The browser is fast and renders everything beautifully as a real computer would and never directs me to a mobile site. My main question is how far off is the next gen iPad? This purchase confirmed to me I will own an iPad for a long time. I'm just not sure if i should return this one and wait for the next generation iPad. If it's not going to be launched until after February then this is going to be my permanent iPad. If a new one is only a month away I will return this an patiently wait. I need some help from the gurus! Also any tips and tricks you have for me I'd love to hear it. Also some must have apps wouldn't hurt.

Thanks happy holidays!

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Congrats

Your looking at an April iPad 2 release

Also EA have a sweet 99cent app discount going on right now so launch that app store icon and buy away

3. Maziar macrumors 6502

Congrats :D
    My favorite apps/games are iBooks,Zumocast,Angry birds,fruit Ninja,cineXplayer,VLC and PS express

4. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

Pages, LogMeIn, and Need for Speed: Hot Pusuit are great apps. also, if you ever have questions you can email bbhegedus@gmail.com I can also tell you how to get AirPrint working on your iPad if you want. (even on a nonairprint printer)

5. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

Good stuff! You just confirmed my decision to keep this ipad not wait for the ipad2 that will probably have a 3d screen and disk burner and tv tuner loll... But yes I will email you about that air print. I have a hp photosmart c4680 printer any help would be great. I also have a MacBook if that helps. I'm going to start dloading apps asap!

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Op, sounds like you're really stoked about your new toy so why give it back. If u are one of those people that's got to have the latest toys, then sell it later. You will lose a few bucks though.

7. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

8. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

nope. apple and adobe dong get along too well.... but everyone is still hoping for it in a future firmware update

9. BlackBook88 thread starter macrumors member

What a shame. The technology and software are defenitly there. , my droid x plays flash perfectly too bad my iPad can't. O well maybe one day.

10. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

If ya got a droid x ya can root it and install wireless tether of the market and use that for 3G wifi access for your ipad when your not near a wifi hotspot.

11. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

the iPad will probably be ANNOUNCED in January or February, but as for actually coming out in stores? That would be more closer to April-ish.

12. MsMerryMac macrumors regular

Congrats on your new purchase! I hate calling it a toy because it really isn't. It is way more powerful than I ever thought it would be. As for the upcoming refresh, you know, i held out for the "perfect" time to buy my MBP and within 45 days of purchase they came out with a new upgrade. And you know what? I LOVE my MBP and it fills all my needs. I was so stoked about the new iPod Touch with the camera and facetime...I hardly use either. Point being, enjoy what is here now...yes, iPad 2 is due out mid 2011, but seeing as how they refresh every year, you only will have six months to wait after the iPad 2 until the next version is announced!

13. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

The evolution of technology never stops, that's what I do with almost every Apple product I buy.

14. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

is that right, well thanks for the info Jobs.

15. fobfob macrumors 6502

Sorry but this is wrong. That kind of delay only works on first gen products like iPhone 1 and iPad 1.

Imagine how many iPads Apple would sell between January and April if they announced a replacement model that didn't ship until April.

No, the new one will be available to order on the day it is announced. They might not ship for a little while but again, I believe any delay like that would only be allowed if the original iPad is still for sale for a lower price (like iPhone 3G was when 3GS was announced).

That said, I have no idea when the new one will be announced. I'm hoping soon because I'm giving mine away at Xmas.

16. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The iPad will be capable of some flash content, once SkyFire has released the iPad version of their browser.

17. bbhegedus macrumors regular

bbhegedus

pretty much just flash videos...not many flash plugins.

18. jazziethomas macrumors member

There are some news that the next gen would be on Feb 2011, quite excited for it.