iPad mini Just got a 32GB Mini for 590USD!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheDane, Aug 9, 2013.

1. TheDane macrumors member

TheDane

Now this might get some US people to stop breathing...but you guys(gals) consider youselfes lucky with your pricing. 590USD is standard store pricing in Denmark for a Mini 32GB WIFI only including an standard Apple cover.

But damn...I love this pad. I considered waiting of course. But we are in AUGUST...waiting will be month, so I figured: this device is what i want, why wait!?

Battery life and weight is crucial - Primary use is Facebook, Twitter, Browsing, Mail, News, Tapatalk (Forums), etc...no movies or reading (books) is intended (Kindle Paperwhite for that). The story is that we are 4 people (2 adults, and girls 7 and 10) "fighting" for the 2 existing iPads (a 2 and a 3)...and now i wanted "My Own". Ever since i saw the Mini in the store half a year ago I loved it. Great size, perfect handling...makes the "normal" iPad feel like a dinosaur :)...

Well, anyway...I'm happy...life is too short to wait for the next Apple Release...(there is always another Release...)

2. LostAggie macrumors 6502

3. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

Life is too short to wait. ;) I bought a second Mini for my wife last week, and she loves it. We both have iPad 4's, but use our Mini tablets almost exclusively now. I think the screen is fine already, so we aren't holding our breath waiting for any "improvement". Enjoy!

4. r3m1 macrumors regular

r3m1

Its not just the screen, you just bought an iPad2 - congratulations :apple:

5. JackieInCo macrumors 601

The screen is better than the iPad 2. The mini is an excellent iPad.

6. TheDane thread starter macrumors member

TheDane

Yep - I know its a "shrunken" iPad 2...still very very nice :). Impressive battery life as well!

I have loaded some of my Kindle books onto it. I will give it a chance with books I think. Looks good although not Kindle Paperwhite Style :)

7. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I know of no other tablet that can compete with the iPads battery life.

My Mini often gives me 13+ hours over two days,

My Nexus 7 uses 40% of the battery in 8 hrs with ZERO usage as it did last night.

8. appleisking, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013

appleisking macrumors 6502a

So? Dual core A5 is more than capable of doing what op mentioned in the description. Not to mention ppi is higher on the mini than the 2.