Just got a 3G S, but keep getting unwanted text msgs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mazda 3s, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Mazda 3s macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Ok, I just signed up for a new AT&T account with the basic 450 plan and no texting (I hate texting).

That being said, this is my brand new account, never had AT&T before and I've already got two spam texts telling me about some stupid Jonas brothers concert from some phone number I've never heard of before.

1) How do I disable texts completely
    2) Am I being charged per text for this crap I'm being sent?

2. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

You are being charged for the texts you are being sent. What you need to do is call AT&T tomorrow and tell them you got these couple of unwanted texts and that you want them removed from your bill. Also tell them you want texting blocked all together.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you are beeing charged for receiving texts.
    I know it doesnt make any sense, we're one of the very few countrys that we get charged for receiving someones text and answering someones phone call on our cell.
    The sender gets charged and receiver does also, double billing like that is foolish.
    You'd have to call AT&T and tell them to completelly block texts on your account so you cant receive or send and will never get charged.

4. samiwas Suspended

This happened to my wife a few times right after she got her original 2G. Then it kind of went away. Then she started getting numerous phone calls for some girl named Cheryl, from everyone from guys she met at the bar, to doctor's offices, to collection agencies. Ugh. The texts will probably stop soon. It never happened to me, and we got ours on the same day.

5. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Thanks for the quick response guys... I'll call them tomorrow on my way to my wedding :)

6. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

7. Mazda 3s thread starter macrumors 6502

Mazda 3s

Thanks. I spent the day before my wedding waiting in line for three hours to get a 32GB 3G S -- thankfully, my fiance understands my iPhone fascination :)

8. glassjaw420 macrumors newbie

Considering you just got an AT&T account and assuming you got a knew phone number, I would request a new phone number. Just for hell of it.