Just got a 4s and all i get is voice control?

RyanFlynn

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Los Angeles
Hey friends!

i just got an iphone 4s today and siri doesnt seem to be installed. When i hold down the home button it just takes me to the original voice control app. Is there something I need to enable?

Thanks!
rian

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Turn it on in the Settings app. If it isn't there, make sure you have a 4S and not the 4.

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
Hey friends!

i just got an iphone 4s today and siri doesnt seem to be installed. When i hold down the home button it just takes me to the original voice control app. Is there something I need to enable?

Thanks!
rian
you have to go to settings, then general and turn it on.

tonyunreal

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
I'm gonna say something different. :)

Enabling facetime/iMessage/Siri on an iPhone every time will automatically send an text message to Apple, although you can't see the actual message sent and received, it will show up in your bill if you live outside the U.S. and don't have a plan that covers international text messages.

When I first got my 4s, I don't have a cut micro-sim with voice plans with me, so I activated the phone with the data only micro-sim from my iPad. It turns out that I can't get Siri to be enabled with that sim card, and the carrier charged me for the six times that I flipped the switch, ouch!

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009

Enabling facetime/iMessage/Siri on an iPhone every time will automatically send an text message to Apple, although you can't see the actual message sent and received, it will show up in your bill if you live outside the U.S. and don't have a plan that covers international text messages.

When I first got my 4s, I don't have a cut micro-sim with voice plans with me, so I activated the phone with the data only micro-sim from my iPad. It turns out that I can't get Siri to be enabled with that sim card, and the carrier charged me for the six times that I flipped the switch, ouch!
Wow, thats crazy.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA

Wow, thats crazy.
And totally irrelevant to the original question.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

WRONG. In US. I do not have a text plan. I am never charged for any text to Apple.

JoshBoy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2008
Sydney, Australia
yep, all you got is Siri. The iPhone 4s is a pretty lame update from the iPhone 4.
Sorry but i must say no. I have owned a 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4 and now a 4S and each time i have been happy.

With the 4S I am super happy with the camera upgrade in a big way, i now use it as my point and shoot camera. The speed is noticeable to me and I use Siri a lot. Overall I am really happy with it.

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
Bay Area, Ca.
Last edited by a moderator:

simlian3

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
it is installed, all you need to do is look under 'Settings' and turn Siri on! Enjoy your new 4S :D

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I can't believe this thread has 27 posts for a simple question like this.

Crap! Now it's 28. LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.