Just Got a Base 15" Retina at BestBuy...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BFW122083, Jun 15, 2012.

1. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

and boy was it a hassle. I called several in the Atlanta area today. I was told everything from "we don't have any, we can order you one, we just sold the last one, this store has some, etc etc..." The last one I called said they had one of each model in stock, but would not hold it for me. First come first serve. Took me 45 minutes to get there, and then ohhhh boy....

The supervisor told me they only had one, and just sold one from an online order. I told her you can't order them online yet and she didn't believe me. She went to check and said there was only one in stock and per Apples orders they had to hold it for display and they could not sell it to me.

I could tell I was getting nowhere with her, so I went to customer service to ask for the manager. Thank God. I told him how I was bounced around from store to store and was assured that there were two there. We checked the inventory together and we saw that there was one of each model in stock, so a total of two. He said he had to check real quick to see if he could sell me one, and if he could he would be glad too.

Came back and said he could sell me the 2799 one because Apple wanted the cheap one on display. I said okay, ill take it :) He went to look for it for a while and came back with the 256GB one (the one I wanted). Rang it up and said "oops, oh well you can have this one". I couldn't believe it! The manager was awesome. The supervisor was one of those people that just likes to tell people no. She sucked.

If you read all this, bottom line I guess is make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing at best buy look at inventory with you. The manager didn't know about the two different models and I had to show him how they had one of each in inventory.

This thing rocks by the way. I have owned 13" and currently own a 17" and this one hits the sweet spot. The screen is beautiful. Good luck everyone!

2. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Cool story bro :)

Enjoy your new toy, I should get mine next week (Just shipped today :D) Can't wait!

3. BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man. I know it was long, but I figured folks here would understand better than my wife lol.

4. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Hey look at this guy! He has a wife!

GRAB THE PITCHFORKS!

5. BFW122083, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012

BFW122083 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol she's an Apple lover too. Converted her when we started dating after she hijacked my Air :)

6. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

ughhh,so jealous. mine wont come til july 3rd (estimate)

atleast wifeys mac air just shipped so i have something to pass the time with!

need to move on from this c2d dell pos.... still using vista wtf lol:eek:

7. corvus32 macrumors 6502a

I also got mine from Bestbuy, but I had to make two 150 mile round trip visits to get it. The first trip I just felt like going for a cruise. They said they would have them the next day or the weekend by the latest, so I just kept calling back.

It's a shame they wouldn't hold one for you. The Bestbuy I dealt with held one with my name on it until I got there.