Just got a call.... (no more AT&T preorder list)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by judas731, Jun 18, 2007.

1. judas731 macrumors newbie

The AT&T store in the mall closest to me had a preorder list. I was #1 on the list and kept holding out hope that as it got closer to the 29th, and they kept the list I would have one for sure. But I just got a phone call telling me they receieved a call from HQ telling them to get rid of the list and tell everyone 6pm on the 29th. Very disappointing but im still holding out hope that I'll get one first day.

2. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Not surprised ... then again, if they had followed directions to begin with they wouldn't have to call people to give them the bad news :D

3. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I think you'll still get one, I really just cannot imagine that there are doing to be huge drones of people out on the first day to get one of these, regardless of how amazing they are.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Did you try changing it on the external display? Does the MB screen just follow? I have a similar set-up and when I click change background on the external LCD a window pops up on both displays but it only changes on whichever I choose.

5. cmschmidt macrumors 6502

uh what?

6. JMax1 macrumors 6502

JMax1

I think it's a wrong number

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yeah, I'm real curious to see how many people will be waiting in line in my hometown of 25,000. I'm also curious to see how many iPhones they'll have in stock. There's only one company store here, btw. The closest Apple Store is 121 miles away in Birmingham, AL.

8. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

:p

9. judas731 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh I live outside of Washington DC so I think it might get a little crazy but maybe they'll also have a big supply. Who knows until that day. At least the good news is I am friends with the guy Fedex guy who delievers to our store and the at&t store so I'll know exactly when they get them, even if they do sell them around 6 =-(

10. applehero macrumors 6502

And if they come FedEx, could come UPS...