Just got a delayed shipping notice for my retina MBP order

sevimli

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
ChiTown
It is strange that I got an delayed shipping notification from Apple first time ever!

The email is regarding to my Retina MBP order, but the delayed item is gift card, not the MBP. It is the base model with 16gb memory.

I placed my order right after the keynote and it still shows "processing".

Anyone else got similar email?

mackmgg

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, I got that as well. They probably wanted to charge our cards before shipping out the free gift card, to make sure we didn't cancel the order.

When I first read the first few lines I was scared the computer wouldn't come for a while, but it's just the gift card.

Nckcard

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I got the same email, except instead of the giftcard being delayed, it's actually now scheduled to be delivered about a week earlier than before. Weird.

MacBird

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2010
Yeah, I got that as well. They probably wanted to charge our cards before shipping out the free gift card, to make sure we didn't cancel the order.

When I first read the first few lines I was scared the computer wouldn't come for a while, but it's just the gift card.
That is a good point. What would happen if someone cancels the MBP order after receiving the gift card?

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
My card shipped out yesterday, due to arrive today. They charged my card $100 before shipping it, and the $100 is deducted from the price of the computer.

It's a bit silly they can't just apply it directly to your iTunes account instead of paying FedEx to deliver a piece of plastic that's only good online (you can't use it in Apple stores)

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Somehow the gift card never made it onto my order. I called them right after the purchase because it didn't show up on the order and they said they'd add it and follow up with me on Wednesday to make sure that it happened. Well it was never added and I never heard from them yesterday so... great.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Somehow the gift card never made it onto my order. I called them right after the purchase because it didn't show up on the order and they said they'd add it and follow up with me on Wednesday to make sure that it happened. Well it was never added and I never heard from them yesterday so... great.
Same boat. But not worried Apple always follows though. Worst case I'll call next week after my MBP arrives.

mackmgg

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2007
That is a good point. What would happen if someone cancels the MBP order after receiving the gift card?
It looks like they charge you the full $100 for the gift card, but take the $100 off the computer's price. I wonder what would happen if you return the gift card without using it though, and keep the computer.

fancymichael

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
I'm not in the same boat, I got my gift card in the mail today.

Sidenote: when I ordered my RMBP, It gave me an error with the gift card and I called customer service an hour later and the guy added it back, no problem. Shipped the next day.