Just got a delayed shipping notice for my retina MBP order

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sevimli, Jun 14, 2012.

1. sevimli macrumors 6502a

It is strange that I got an delayed shipping notification from Apple first time ever!

The email is regarding to my Retina MBP order, but the delayed item is gift card, not the MBP. It is the base model with 16gb memory.

I placed my order right after the keynote and it still shows "processing".

Anyone else got similar email?

[​IMG]

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Yeah, I got that as well. They probably wanted to charge our cards before shipping out the free gift card, to make sure we didn't cancel the order.

When I first read the first few lines I was scared the computer wouldn't come for a while, but it's just the gift card.

3. Nckcard macrumors regular

I got the same email, except instead of the giftcard being delayed, it's actually now scheduled to be delivered about a week earlier than before. Weird.

4. rockbird macrumors member

5. MacBird macrumors 6502

That is a good point. What would happen if someone cancels the MBP order after receiving the gift card?

6. rockbird macrumors member

apple will pay your local police department, come to your house,locate and confiscate the gift card

7. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

My card shipped out yesterday, due to arrive today. They charged my card $100 before shipping it, and the $100 is deducted from the price of the computer.

It's a bit silly they can't just apply it directly to your iTunes account instead of paying FedEx to deliver a piece of plastic that's only good online (you can't use it in Apple stores)

8. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Somehow the gift card never made it onto my order. I called them right after the purchase because it didn't show up on the order and they said they'd add it and follow up with me on Wednesday to make sure that it happened. Well it was never added and I never heard from them yesterday so... great.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Same boat. But not worried Apple always follows though. Worst case I'll call next week after my MBP arrives.

10. MacBird macrumors 6502

Maybe they would also find an iPhone prototype. :)

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

It looks like they charge you the full $100 for the gift card, but take the $100 off the computer's price. I wonder what would happen if you return the gift card without using it though, and keep the computer.

12. fancymichael macrumors newbie

I'm not in the same boat, I got my gift card in the mail today.

Sidenote: when I ordered my RMBP, It gave me an error with the gift card and I called customer service an hour later and the guy added it back, no problem. Shipped the next day.

13. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I got the same email for the gift card and Microsoft Office, but I promptly received emails afterward saying they shipped. Weird!