Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
1) Don't worry about screen protectors. I've had my DS Lite since launch, and my screen is perfect. It's just a matter of taking care of the DS and keeping dirt and dust off of it.

People have already mentioned some great games, but if you're into Sim City, Sim City DS is coming out mid-june. It looks like a great game.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
What GBA games would people recommend to buy? I had a GBA for all of three days before it was stolen and I never replaced it. The only game I had which wasn't stolen was Doom, and I just put it into my DS this evening and had a 30 minute bash on it and loved it. Just wondering if there's any others I should look out for?

yoshi's island and zelda: a link to the past. neither is gba specific; they were originally snes releases, but they're excellent games if you haven't played them before. mario kart and mario golf are also great choices, as is metroid zero mission and metroid fusion. these are six of my favorite games on the gba platform.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
Most of the games I would recommend have been suggested already... not sure if that's a tribute to my good taste or that of previous posters :p

I've found metacritc an excellent Web resource for seeing how games were generally received.

re: screen protectors - although I would echo the sentiment that they aren't strictly necessary, but I personally like them and I prefer using the stylus on a screen that has one. Generally, the official Hori one is very well regarded - not so the competitors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.