Just got a free iPhone!!...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by BBNoMore, Feb 4, 2011.

1. BBNoMore macrumors newbie

that I can't use because it has a 5.15 baseband, and I'm on Tmobile :rolleyes:.. So, my question is this- What shall I do with it in the meantime? CAN I do anything with it?

My dad just upgraded to an iPhone 4, so he gave me his 3g. Can he call AT&T to have them unlock it? Or do I need to wait? Can I at least use it as an iPod- with both music and apps from my iTunes? It doesn't have a sim card, obviously, but I thought (hope) that maybe I could do SOMETHING with it while I wait... Thanks in advance!

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

You should be able to use the iPod. Some of the apps will work also.

4. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

You can do everything except talk, text, etc.

5. BBNoMore thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to change the bb to unlock it- not worth it to me right now. If they get a fix for it, which hopefully they will, or if a new one comes out, then I'm all over it! I just wanted to know what I could do with it! Thanks for the answers! I'm going to plug her in and play around- I guess now would be the time to do it!

6. Boereman macrumors member

Boereman

Throw some sn0w at it.... redsn0w and ultrasn0w :D (With a bit of iPad baseband for some functionality)