Just got a loaded Macbook, gave up my PB :-(

hope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Well, I'm getting my 2.0 Black MB with 2gb of RAM and the 120gb HD tomorrow. I just wanted to see if anybody has made this kind of switch (from a PB to the MB) and what kind of things I should look for. I know the black gets dirty quickly, any recommendations. Any thing I should do to ease the lost of my beloved PowerBook which I sold. It was so good to me. I'm excited but I don't know. I'm mostly concerned about the graphics card performance and just praying I don't have any screen noise, mooing, or heat problems. My PB has ran flawlessly for over 2 years now so I'm not use to having any problems. Any thoughts everyone.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Well, at least you moved on to an Intel based Mac. Hope all is well with your new MacBook. Congrats on the purchase.

Why didn't you get a MacBook Pro?

XP Defector

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Don't worry about it man, I'm using a MB 2Ghz, 512 RAM with a 60GIG HD and so far so good. I've not had any problems with it, and I should postulate I'm in the majority. I love it, it's the best computer I've ever owned. Every day I wake up and have a glance at it and experience a deep warm feeling. =)

hope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
That's how I felt with the Powerbook. We'll see. I didn't get the MBP because I wanted a smaller footprint as I'm hoping to get a desktop as well. My PB served as both desktop and laptop so I'm glad to now have opportunity to have both. I might miss the ambient light sensor, lit keyboard, firewire 800, and maybe screen real estate. Though, I know the MB should be bloody fast so I'm excited still

hope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
I really like the Black though. I remember when they first unveiled it and everytime I go to an Apple store I'm drawn to it so...

BUT, that would suck :eek:

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
hope said:
I really like the Black though. I remember when they first unveiled it and everytime I go to an Apple store I'm drawn to it so...

BUT, that would suck :eek:
The black does look quite nice, I still prefer the MBP look though.

Now a black charcoal grey MBP... that'd be insanely awesome.

hope

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
In that brushed aluminum so it doesn't garnish so much dirt and finger prints??? Oooo, finger licking good. You just really don't know Apple. You can never say never.