Just got a mac...How to handle my hotmail account?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by EatingApples, Nov 30, 2013.

1. EatingApples macrumors member

Hi Guys

I am new to mac and just received my new machine a few days ago. Now I wanted to add my hotmail account to mac's built in mail app. I managed to setup the app for IMAP and I am able to receive mails, etc. Problem is that when I delete mails, it does not delete mail on the server. The IMAP setup in fact just works like a POP3 setup. This is kinda annoying :-( Would this problem be solved if/when I install office for mac and Outlook?

Have I perhaps done something wrong? Any other hotmail user out there who can help?

THank you in advance :)

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I think Hotmail is obsolete for Microsoft.
    Anyway check your hotmail account settings in the online client on your browser.
    I that doesn't work, maybe try logging in to your Microsoft or outlook account and there you might be able to set it up in the server, get more details on the what to configure in Apple's Mail App.

3. EatingApples thread starter macrumors member

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

It's been migrated to Outlook.com which is essentially the mail portion of Office 365. Far from obsolete.