Just got a Macbook and have a question...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bdb0307, Jul 25, 2011.

1. bdb0307 macrumors newbie

Hey whats up guys/girls?

So i just got a late 2007 macbook and i upgraded the OS to Lion. My question is, can i upgrade my macbook with any software so i can use the multi touch gesture?(using the 3-4 finger options). I've read that what i can do is to replace the keyboard/trackpad for a 2008 version of it because it'll have the chip/hardware include, swap out the ribbon that connects and it should work. So i was wondering if someone has ever tried this or is this another of doing this? Or am i just a fool with wishful thinking lol.

Thanks for any input. :D

Note: my macbook does support the two finger swipes but thats about it.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I would not do that persoanlly. I would just get the magic trackpad for when you are docked

3. bdb0307 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be my last resort but i think im going to try this and wish for the best, maybe post a video up when i do it for anyone else who wants to try :D

Just hope someone has done this before to reassure me that im not going to destroy my macbook

Here's a link of where i found this info...

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/21613/Upgrade+trackpad+to+multiPod+Touch+possible

4. bdb0307 thread starter macrumors newbie

bring up my post...bump, let me know if anyone has any ideas if this is good or bad.

thanks. :apple:

5. thats nice macrumors member

I concur.

This is an easy and hassle free option :)

You could potentially ruin your original trackpad by playing around with the internals too...

6. remorseless macrumors newbie

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Bad idea - the link to ifixit is a discussion about MacBook PRO and not MacBook models.

I have a 2009 non-unibody MacBook and you will not gain anything by changing the keyboard/topcase for a later one. It is hardware thing - the later MacBook Pros have different hardware in them..

Sorry but not going to work.

8. StockDC2 macrumors regular

I'm quite certain that the 2007 and 2008 top cases are the same... If you're referring to the unibody Macbook which has the swiping features, it will most definitely NOT work. The connector and connector placement are completely different...