Just got a MacBook, now I need Headphones...

iBeard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Just like the title says: I'm looking for some portable yet decent headphones to carry with my MacBook in the stm small loft shoulder bag I just got.

Thanks.

Acehigh

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2006
iBeard said:
Just like the title says: I'm looking for some portable yet decent headphones to carry with my MacBook in the stm small loft shoulder bag I just got.

Thanks.
If you want to match get the Bang&Olufsen form-2.. Will match your Macbook.

I picked them up in vegas apple store for $99. Probably to much money (paying for the name). But either Apple store will get the money or Wynn.. I figure I will leave with headphone so i can use them on JetBlue.

Sound is pretty good I like them. Also have a pair of AKG which sound a little better but a bit too bulky. About the same price.

Best thing to do is try them on and see which sounds best with the type of music you listen to.

jvan

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2006
what are the specs of your macbook?

EDIT.. ok nevermind.. i see it on your sig :p

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Dunno if this helps you but I thought I would throw in a suggestion.

I have a pair of etymotic ER-6i in-ear phones and they rock the casbah. They are portable and light (bit filling :)).

iBeard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Wow. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I'll research them and see which ones to go with.

Thanks again.

EDIT:

ncook06 said:
What is your price range?
I was thinking under $100

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
I'm getting a MacBook soon and it's going to be my main computer. Do you need headphones because the speakers are that bad, or are you getting the headphones for reasons unknown to me?

angelp

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2006
X5-452 said:
I'm getting a MacBook soon and it's going to be my main computer. Do you need headphones because the speakers are that bad, or are you getting the headphones for reasons unknown to me?
Some people travel or use laptops in an environment where they need to use headphones.

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
Get some Shures (E2c for me) because they're block out noise real good so you can compute quieter in public. :cool:

h0e0h

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
West Monroe, Louisiana
i vote for Shure's as well, just don't get too caught up in the noise isolation, my girlfriend did on a plane one time with some carrie underwood song and it was really funny for me/embarrasing for her when i tapped her to shut up...

chotoye

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2006
I'm in a similar position, waiting on my Macbook, and am hoping to get a fairly decent and comfy pair of headphones to go with it.

Has anyone any experience of bluetooth headphones?? Is it worth it? Or would i be better off spending my money on a wired pair??

debrey

macrumors regular
May 4, 2006
Chicago
I've been doing some research on the forum at www.head-fi.com. I suggest it -- it seems like a great resource.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Altec-Lansing iM716. These in-ear headphones, which retail for 200 and can be head for 120 elsewhere are strangely $70 at Amazon. Lots of people seem quite excited.

-- David

Salteh

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2005
im after a pair of headphones too mainly for my macbook, but also for my ipod too.
would like a fairly comfy pair (not in ears) for under £100 and must be from uk.
any suggestions? a white pair would be nice if possible