Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
I was walking about and went inside the apple store in London which is very nice. I needed to buy a sleeve for my macbook pro so as i was looking around i saw it, sexy, fast and the best looking mac, the MacPro. I played with it for a few mins and then decided to buy it. My friend was with me at the time, he was going to buy one for himself aswell. Since i already ordered one we decided that i can have this one and he will get the one that will be shiped from the US. I am typing on my new macpro and i had to share this nice little story with all of you.

I will be changing teh graphics card in a few weeks and i will add some RAM ofcorse.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Did you have to carry it out of the store in a clear plastic bag?

So what type is it - stock config I presume?

How long would it take for it to calculate the level of my jealousy to one trillion decimal places - well, there's only one number after the decimal point there, the rest of them are in front of it and they're all the number 9...

Yeah, that was crap but it's late, I'm pissed and I want a Mac Pro.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
Cool, how're you gonna spec it afterwards? 16 GB RAM? 3 TB HDD? Quadro FX4500? :p

Oh yeah: what screen do you use for it, and how long is boot time?

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
Boot time is fast, very fast. I would probebly add 1GB of RAM making it 2GB and maybe add 2 more after that but thats about it. I am planning on having another 250GB hard drive, i will also install the ATI graphics card when i can get my hands on it. I have it hooked on a 23" apple cinima display.

p.s i need to go to the bathroom but i wont i cant leave my baby alone :)

_Matt

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2005
crazycat said:
Boot time is fast, very fast. I would probebly add 1GB of RAM making it 2GB and maybe add 2 more after that but thats about it. I am planning on having another 250GB hard drive, i will also install the ATI graphics card when i can get my hands on it. I have it hooked on a 23" apple cinima display.

Can you post a pic of your new setup? :D

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
crazycat said:

Aww! Cool! I love the 23" ACD!:D Also, how is this fast boot-time? 15 seconds? Perhaps when you add more RAM. My MB takes 18 to 25 seconds. I have a 60 GB HDD with 23 GB free.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
_Matt said:
Can you post a pic of your new setup? :D

I will do so when i get back home, i am at my friends place in london.

Aww! Cool! I love the 23" ACD! Also said:
I would say 20 secs, maybe 15 but its very fast. Yes i need more RAM, playing wow, listening to music and browsing the forums make it abit to slow for my needs.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
crazycat said:
I would say 20 secs, maybe 15 but its very fast. Yes i need more RAM, playing wow, listening to music and browsing the forums make it abit to slow for my needs.

I c. That's awesome!:D I wonder how fast a 3 GHz with 16 GB RAM would boot... 1 second?:p Nah, perhaps 8-10;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.