just got a mbp w/ free ipod touch, rebate site issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Esrb99, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Esrb99 macrumors member

When I go to the rebate page, I log in, fill out my mailing address, etc, and then there is 3 links for where you purchased; apple online, apple store, or campus store. when I select campus the next page has selection spots for state, and school/campus store, but there are no options there and it is impossible to continue w/out filling them in. the site is also messed up on any other browser and my old hp. same issue.

2. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

Is it because you have not received your item yet? Cause it wouldn't let me do my rebate until I have received all my items. :confused:

3. Esrb99 thread starter macrumors member

no, I have all my items, and I have a reciept.

it just doesn't show any states at all.

4. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I tried to access the Promo page, and it states that the system is undergoing maintainance. Maybe that is the cause.

5. Esrb99 thread starter macrumors member

glad it says that for someone, I feel a bit better now. Thought I bought my 15 yr. old sis a $300 b-day present for a moment!

6. GUILTIE macrumors regular

Also you could try it in a different web browser.

7. Fenir macrumors regular

I'm sorry i've been living under a rock. The rebate isn't instant? Meaning I have to pay 2 or 300 for the ipod on top of what I'm going to be paying for my MBP?

8. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Yes, its sort of a mail-in-rebate. You have to buy the iPod when you purchase your computer. Then you fill out an online form, give your invoice number, and Apple mails you a check for 200/300 bucks.

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

They are wicked fast though. I remember I got mine in record speed last go around.

10. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Same boat...kinda. I ordered MobileMe so I can't submit the rebate until MobileMe is delivered in Mid-July!

11. Esrb99 thread starter macrumors member

the site worked this time around, guess it as just maintenance or something. thanks all!