Just got a MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Michaud68, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Michaud68 macrumors member

Well after having tons of problems with my pc I have decided to get a MBP. So far this thing is awesome, now I just have to learn how to use the dam thing LOL. hopefully the learning curve won't be too bad:D

2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Give it a week or two, It's not hard to learn, Eventually you will grow to like it. (Hopefully).

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Congrats... and you will catch on in no time
    Feel free to ask questions

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

4. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Welcome to the club, the operating system really is very intuitive. It's ok to look at your friends and say, "I'm a Mac". Don't go overboard because they will become jealous and try to take it away.

5. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Congrats dude! I just ordered mine from amazon earlier today. I picked free shipping so I'll get it either at the end of the week or sometime early next week. :cool:

6. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I do have one question maybe someone could help me with. When i am browsing the web when i am scrolling with the trackpad for some reason it keeps making my text bigger and smaller is there anyway to shut this off so it just stays at one text size cause it is driving me crazy. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jay

7. iwanttogarden macrumors member

You are pinching the trackpad (which will adjust the text size in Safari), quickest way to reset is apple command + 0 on the keyboard.

I don't know how to disable it, but I think Firefox doesn't understand pinching so, maybe you could switch to using that.

Though I recommend just getting use to the trackpad motions. The trackpad is a new learning curve even for experienced mac users :)

8. kari.patila macrumors newbie

Just received mine today. Thank Zardoz I had reserved it, since it was the only one that made it to the store where I live (Lappeenranta, Finland).

9. Michaud68 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I realized what I am doing I leave my left hand index finger in the lower left corner to click and slide with my right hand finger I just need to try and use one hand it would be nice if you could disable this feature thats for sure

10. monkey86 macrumors 6502

monkey86

its an ace feature, its easy to learn, you'll get it soon!

11. madness3881 macrumors newbie

new to mac

My ? is if i wanna delete a program do i just drag it into the trash and it's completely deleted or do i have to do a windows type of add and remove files to get rid of it

12. jamestemroot macrumors member

install - drag and drop in applications
    unintall - drag and drop into trash

there may be more files around the computer, if the program involves user settings / preferences, theres a program called Zap (i think) that removes everything.

13. Mercellus macrumors regular

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure that you will enjoy it for years to come! :D :apple:

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your splendid new MBP; enjoy it, (I have one and I'm very happy with it) and may both you and your computer live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck

15. nanvinnie macrumors regular