Just got a membership for Apple Developer program, need help

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by venividivigor, Jun 6, 2016.

1. venividivigor macrumors 6502

I received an email stating that I now have membership for Apple developer program and I have access to all the resources, but how do I register my UDID? Especially for my Apple TV 4?

Apparently if you plug your device to your Mac to Xcode it'll automatically register your UDID, I did that but I didn't receive a message of it being activated.

2. campyguy macrumors 68030

FWIW, I've never experienced an "automatic registration" of my devices - I've either copied then pasted the UUID codes directly into Xcode or the Dev Portal. Admittedly, the Dev Portal's interface is pretty clunky. I'm sure you've figured out how to find the UUID, by Option-Control-Clicking on the devices S/N, and then you'll see the "Copy" option appear and it's a matter of pasting the UUID into the Dev Portal or Xcode. Also, keep in mind that completion of registration can take a while - it's not instantaneous, and can span up to about 24 hours or so. Good luck!

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Moved to iOS Programming forum as the developers here may have more to say on the topic.

B

4. AxoNeuron macrumors 65816

AxoNeuron

Go to developer.apple.com. Log in. Click 'Certificates, ID's, and profiles'. Click 'All Devices', and then tap the + button.