Just got a new iMac, now want a MacBook. Updates?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mothergoose45, Sep 10, 2007.

1. mothergoose45 macrumors member

Just switched from pc to a beautiful 24" iMac and I love it. Now I want an Apple notebook. Macbook would be fine for me but when should I expect a MAJOR update, not the small one like a while back. I want to get it for my wife as a christmas present. Do you think they will come out by then? I think it will be aluminum according to Jobs wanting everything aluminum from now on. Or do you think Mac World 08'?

2. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

There are rumors of updates in October to coincide with Leopard. However, I wouldn't bet on that. Still, you may as well wait till then so you can get Leopard free.

FYI, I just bought the mid-range MacBook and it is the best purchase I've ever made. :) Glad to be switched.

3. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Some time in the new year I'd guess. Maybe in January. The MB is in the middle of it's life cycle right now. I doubt you'll see any update this quarter.

The Stig

4. Unspeaked macrumors 68020

Unspeaked

5. mothergoose45 thread starter macrumors member

I personally don't think we will see "just another speedbump". I think when they do come out they will be a redesign. I would just like to have it sitting under the tree at Christmas time for my wife instead of waiting until Jan. at MWSF.

6. bananas macrumors 6502

bananas

I would wait till the end of november.
    I agree that macbooks are probably going to be aluminium too. I believe they are still going to be black and white, but the material will be aluminium.
    I also believe Macbooks will get LED backlit screens and come in slightly thinner casing than current models.

:apple:

7. Life is Sweet macrumors member

Penryn

Penryn for laptops come out Q1 2008. You'll probably see an update then. I'll buy it at next update (maybe the rumoured redesign)