Just got a new iMac . . . problems already :(

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Silock, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Silock macrumors member

Fired it up, finished customizing the installation and condensation appears in the exact same spot as the guy had in this thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=429431&highlight=condensation

It's getting worse as I type this. The room I have it in is a cool, dry place. This should not be happening.

I'm definitely taking it back and exchanging it for a new one.

2. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

You could always try to take the glass off and clean it, or wait a few hours to see if the iMac adjusts to the new temperature and it goes away.

This worries me, as I'm going to purchase one on Sunday. :(

3. Mikey- macrumors regular

That sucks, it's the worst when you buy something you like then have to take it back.

4. Silock thread starter macrumors member

Well, I already have an appointment at the Apple store for a different issue today at 2:15. That will give the computer roughly 3 hours of running. It's still just getting worse.

5. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Was the Mac at room temperature before you powered it up, or was the metal case cold?

6. Silock thread starter macrumors member

Room temperature.

7. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

I've had my iMac nearly a year now and I've never had a condensation issue. Sorry.

8. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

Keep it going, hopefully it clears itself up.

9. Silock thread starter macrumors member

Well, it finally cleared up. I'm still a bit hesitant about keeping it, though. I'm going to shut it down tonight and see what happens when I fire it up tomorrow.

10. thebeesknees macrumors regular

I hope it works for you. I've not had that issue, but good luck.

11. ctnguye3 macrumors member

Same thing happen to my new iMac last week, the condensation appear right after I turned off the system for the first time, it scared me and I was about to return it back to Apple, but decided to wait a few hours and see if it'ld disappear (I had a perfect screen and didn't want to risk exchanging it for one w/ dead pixels)...the condensation eventually did disappear and has not reappear since, I wouldn't worry too much about it. ;)

12. candyman macrumors regular

same here. Mine was delivered few hours before I got home from work so it had some time to aclumate to room temperature. Have not had any issues with mine.

Hopefully yours will be fine as well now!

13. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Im sorry to here that.There is a vid on youttube showing an easy way to remove the glass panel and wipe it down.Im sure you might not want try it but it looked easy.I just lost a 3 month old white imac (refurb) because i damaged the ram slot latches.so i have a beautiful paperweight.good luck