Just got a new macbook pro, need advice on Applesac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fretboard, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Fretboard macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just received my macbook pro in the mail the other day. Now I have decided it would be a good choice to invest in a sleeve. I have been looking at the Colcasac/Applesac's but I have not completely decided on that one but it defiantly looks like it has potential. Very much like the style of them but I was wondering has anyone here owned an applesac/colcasac (They switched their name to colcasac)? If any one has do you think I could get some feedback on what you thought of it? Alright thank you so much for your time.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Welcome to the Apple World.

If you're looking for a sleeve, I'd reccomend the Contour Pocket Sleeve. They're made out of Polythene, however it does have a very useful pocket, and is rather thick. I keep mine in one, and it keeps it beautifully snug.

I haven't got experience with the colcasac sorry.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Oh the search feature. Here is a review. I personally like Tom Bihn's Brain Cell. Here is my thoughts on that. (I wrote the second one, not the first)

Here is one thread.
    And another.
    Another.

And mroogle.

4. Fretboard thread starter macrumors newbie

5. hoffmant macrumors member

I have the black Colcasac. Love it! I got it originally for my BlackBook, but it fits' the MBP better, I think. It was really tight on the BlackBook, not quite as tight on the MBP.

I took the advice I had read in other threads about it and used some tape to get rid of the loose fuzz on the inside. I haven't had a single problem with lint or fuzz since I did that.

6. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

7. Swiss Apple macrumors member

Swiss Apple

I have the Brown Colcasac and hate it, the fit for a 13" MBP is lousy, it could definitely be taken in by an inch all around. In addition since its too big for the MBP the velcro doesn't line up properly so you have to gently position the two tabs. I've since purchased a Foofbag and prefer that much more. The stictching is first class and I've received far more compliments than my potatosac :rolleyes: