Just got a new macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoppy, Dec 20, 2007.

1. shoppy macrumors 6502a

17" 2.6C2D
    High res glossy
    200gb 7200rpm
    2gigs of ram, soon to be upgraded to 4gbs.

I love the high res and glossy on this machine, the glossy screen is hardly noticeable compared to when I had a macbook. My wife got this for an early :)Christmas present to replace my 3 month old 2.2 SRMBP. As I had been complaining about screen real estate.

Go wife.

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Cool - great machine - you're gonna love it. I have the 2.4Ghz version - best computer I've ever owned.

only problem is that I had to pay for it myself - the wife didn't take the hint ;-)

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

4. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

5. swami16 macrumors newbie

congrats

congrats on the new pro...they are awesome..makes sure you get a speck case

6. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

congrats!

its a monster MBP you got there!! (especially after you upgrade the RAM)

only.. there's just 1 thing that is bothering me

yep..

why now? why not wait till Penryn is out? its just around the corner mate.. :(

with the specs you have + Penryn, you can even own those who have a gaming desktop

seriously!

:D

but Santa Rosa itself is Freakin great already

and oh yeah.. if i were you, still prefer Matte than Glossy =)

7. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Lucky guy

I just got a new 17" glossy 2.33. Wife didn't pay for it but didn't object, either. It's a spectacularly nice machine.
    Congratulations!

8. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Reason being, that I have had macs since 2002 and I change every 3-6 months. I have had every revison from the powerbook and ibook to macbooks to MBP's. I always think the grass is greener with another machine, never is, but I am actually happy with this machine.

If something awesome comes out I will sell this one and get a new one. Besides anything announced in Jan will not hit the consumer till at least March, as i found with my first 1.8 CD MBP. So get to enjoy it for aat least 3-4 months. But to be honest I have always preferred 17" ones hence I have just sold of my 2.2 SR, had it for 3 months, but got a few scratches from a speck case. Never ever be using one of those again. I will keep this one and get a new one.

9. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

PM me if you ever need someone to take it off your hands.
    Wouldn't mind the laptop either though, mind you :D

10. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's great to see some one from Hampshire, on here.

11. Twe Foju macrumors 6502

Twe Foju

hmm.. are you sure it will hit the store somewhere on march?

because from what i heard in this forum ( too ), the product will be on store shortly after the macworld ( so i assume the latest is probably around 20 jan or the beginning of feb ), the event is 15 - 18 btw

but heck, you got yourself a monster laptop already :D

12. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am going by genera rule of thumb that I am in the UK, and there is always a delay.

13. iMan G5 macrumors member

Can I use your screen to tan with? ;)
    I have been wanting to get a 17" MBP High Res but that is quite a chunk of change.

14. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

Brianstorm91

Where're you from?

I'm in the New F. :)

15. JesLam07 macrumors regular

JesLam07

Sweet!

I should be getting my Macbook Pro tomorrow ish. :)

I didn't get glossy because I thought it would bother me.

Mine is 15.4 inches. My friend got a 17 inch pink dell laptop and that thing is too huge, so I went with 15 since that's the smallest the MBP comes.

My Hard drive is 250 gb. I'm excited to have a big hard drive! :D

My MacBook Pro is my first Mac. :apple:

16. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Congratz on your new MBP! I've owned mine for almost 3 months now, and despite the minor flaws from the software, I've been in pure bliss. It's weird that my portable computer is faster than my desktop that I bought just a little over a year ago.

17. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Congrats on the new machine, you will love it I have been through so many and loved them all. I did worry about the glossy as I have gone through 4 macbooks in last 18 months and sold as the screen has bugged me, due to headaches etc. But every MBP and powerbook I had has always been matte .

A bit o a gamble but honestly I prefer it because with the screen size you do not notice the glossyness. Or may maybe t is the high res screen.

18. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used to live in Eversley but now live in Ash Vale.

19. JesLam07 macrumors regular

JesLam07

Well that makes sense. I got the smaller screen so I didn't get glossy and you got the bigger screen and you did. It's more pf a personal preference, I guess. I get headaches/migranes really easily when I'm trying to study.

4 MacBook in the last 18 months??? :eek:

I can't wait to bust my MBP out of it's box. I'm hoping to do that tomorrow.

20. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Not to get off topic but check out Uniea U-suit. Congrats on your new toy!!! I like the smaller screens myself and will be selling my MBP or MB if an ultra pro comes in Jan. I too cant settle on one;)

21. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

I loved my old 12" powerbook but the macbooks do not quite cut the mustard for me, the 12" powerbooks had decent sound, I love my music in the back ground when I travel. I try the macbooks, but get sick of them also I want the choice of matte in them. I guess I am too fussy, my perfect machine in hindsight was my 1.67 17" powerbook, I loved that thing, sad to have let it go for a first revision intel. Hindsight is always great :eek:

22. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Agree.. I would love a 12"/13" with matt led screen. I really love my matt led screen on my pro but sadly I use the MB mostly because of the smaller size. I have only switched to macs in the middle of this year but I have drooled over the 12" powerbooks!!!

23. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I agree with those that think 17in is too big. I say laptops should be small and since 15 is smallest mbp I go with that and use an external monitor (actually my hddt)

24. shoppy thread starter macrumors 6502a

It is a valid opinion. but I have my BB, iphone and v1616. I prefer the 17" as I personally do not have a desktop, I travel all around the globe, At least twice a month internationally. So for me I prefer the real estate. My wife has an imac which is ours. But she is never off it. I have ordered her a new 17"2.4 C2D, CTO High res, glossy 250gb HDD and once I sell her imac I will buy her a new imac 24".

25. ivan1234 macrumors regular

congrats! I have the same computer and I think its the single best computer apple as ever offered. :D