Just got a new MBP 2.4 ghz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hellzprince1, Feb 27, 2008.

1. hellzprince1 macrumors member

Hey,

so this is my first mac and I am just getting used to it. can you guys help me get started because I don't know what exactly to learn. Maybe you guys can post things that are important for me to get. Like maybe tell me where to get aim or is ichat that same thing. So anything will be helpful for a beginner like me. Thanks a lot guys.

2. phooi macrumors regular

Congrats & Welcome!

I'm a new mac user myself. I got a MBP last year and am enjoying it. If you're looking for a chat program, I really like Adium. Adium supports all IM formats. Google it and you'll find it. You can use ichat (compatible with AIM) but Adium is much better.

Another cool tool I use is istat menu. The nice thing about macs is the ability to see into their inner workings...

Enjoy!

3. hellzprince1 thread starter macrumors member

So when i open a safari window the window only takes up like the middle of the screen and when I press the green expand button on the top left corner it doesn't really expand it. Do I have to maximize the window in a different way or is this how it is.

4. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

Hellz, just drag your cursor to the bottom right and expand to full screen if you like.

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

congratz!:D

aaahh finally! the Future Med Student got his baby!
    somebody's going to sleep late tonight! :D

6. hellzprince1 thread starter macrumors member

sweeeeeeettttttt, what else can this machine do that I don't know about for a average joe like me