Just got a new rMBP 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by happyslayer, Oct 19, 2014.

1. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Hey all,

I've been a happy MacBook Air user since the very first Air back in 2008. Well, in an act of potentially pure stupidity, I sold my 2013 11.6" Air last week in the hope that Apple would be announcing a new retina 12" Air. (I know the rumors said this was unlikely, but there was that rumor that said they were entering limited production.) But, nothing was announced or even hinted at. And, if memory serves, Apple rarely introduces new stuff in the first half of the year. Which means I could be waiting 4-8 months for a new MacBook. Unacceptable! So, instead of just repurchasing a new MBA 11, I went ahead and picked up my very first MacBook Pro--the 13" Retina with i5 2.6, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD.

Wow! The screen is just fantastic. I'm in process of reinstalling everything at the moment but I have a quick question:

Any apps out there that fellow, experienced retina MBP owners would recommend to really show off the retina screen? Admittedly, I'm not much of a graphics person, I'm more the IT support person (day job)/author-writerly type (hobby). But, I always want to show off my new toys a little with an app that takes advantage of the hardware. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's just great with text

You'll find that while video and photos look fantastic, in day to day use it's the sharpness of the text that'll most impress and and give much less eye fatigue.

3. happyslayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Noticing that, especially in Scrivener. Text just looks so good.