Just got a PowerBook G4!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ifrit05, Jan 11, 2014.

1. ifrit05 macrumors regular

ifrit05

Finally got a PowerBook G4 to add to my collection. Finally got a portable PPC!
    Got it for $95, its the 15" 1.67 PowerBook5,8.

I put Leopard on it but it's a little sluggish, it only has 512MB of RAM. Gonna have to get 2GB soon. All in all it's in really good shape, and the battery lasts for a long time. So happy!

[​IMG]
    Just a little ding in the middle rear area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nemesiswar macrumors member

3. TjeuV macrumors 6502

That's awesome man! Just keep that adapter in mint condition, they're pretty hard to find these days ;) Really love that design, way more that the current macbooks. And that keyboard ... ahh, don't get me started :D

4. Andropov macrumors regular

Andropov

95$! I wish there were similar prices for Apple computers here. For 95$ I can't even get something that works...

However, congrats! I've the 1Ghz 17" model and it's still rocking!

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I have a mint 15" 1.67 and the RAM really makes a difference under Leopard and even Tiger!

6. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

Did you check to make sure both ram slots work? (known issue with these).....hopefully,then good get.

7. ifrit05 thread starter macrumors regular

ifrit05

Yup I stuck another 512 RAM stick in there and it works perfectly. Still gonna invest in 2GB though.

8. xtempo macrumors 6502

xtempo

that better price than what I paid for my PBG4 and that had some minor damage and missing memory cover(I ended up finally buying one but it was smaller. I just taped it since its better than not having one.) I hate that the inside memory slot doesn't work but at least I have 1Gb on the outside and it runs nice.

I still have my orginial adapter that came with it but I have had to replace that and the battery though I might need to replace the battery again but at least I can easily find outlets if I need it,

I wouldn't part with it. I enjoy it more than my Acer Aspire 6920 running Win7 :D