Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fbonatto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
It's locked to an European network, I wanted to know whether an unlock such as SAM is available for jail broken phones and whether pangu is the best option to jb my phone at this time. Thanks.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Software unlocks died over four years ago.

The proliferation of easy online unlock companies and the carrier's willingness to unlock killed software unlocks. They are no longer developed.

Find an online unlock service or talk to that carrier.

Pangu is the jailbreak for 7.1.2. It is the ONLY option.

When it comes to jailbreaks it's very rare to have more than one jailbreak for the same version. You usually only have one option for the version of iOS you are on.

fbonatto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Thanks, really appreciate it. Regarding an update to 8.x, are jailbreaks currently available for latest version?

fbonatto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2013
Well the only reason I would jailbreak it would be to do a software unlock. Otherwise, any reasons not to go to 8.1.3?

Totally

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2012
West Coast = Best Coast
After all these months, I'm still on 7.1.2 jailbroken on my 5S. Tons of tweaks, themed, never resprings or crashes. I would recommend not updating. But that's just me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.