Just got a replacement iphone 4 and the home button is loose/creaky/wiggly

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by RalphMac, Nov 20, 2010.

1. RalphMac macrumors member

This is like my 3rd iphone replacement (one had got stolen :( and I had to bring my last one back because the camera was messing up literally). So I was rushing so much I didn't take time to thoroughly examine this new one to the core (the other buttons are tight as a whistle lol, and everything else works).

BUT, the home button as I can put it is somewhat loose, wiggly, creaky, what ever you call it, when I move it up and down, is when i hear that annoying sound, but it responds.

I had returned my first iphone because of this issue, but it seems like I'm not the only one, and I am beginning to wonder if this is something common I should even worry about?

I really don't want to swap it out again, because i live far from the apple store, and I might get a 5k refurb.

If I bought a outterbox defender, would i probably still hear the creaky sound, or does it come with a solid home button layer?

Or should I order a replacement home button, and have a local iphone repair shop fix it?

I mean its seems like some phones do this and some dont, so I was wondering would the outterbox stop it.

2. samven582 macrumors 6502a

my iPhone 4 home button has little wiggle. Does not bother me at all.

3. RalphMac thread starter macrumors member

so its not anything to worry about? why do some of them have them and some dont? This was a brand new replacement, straight out the black box.