Just got a SE. Chipped TouchID ring?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheBrokenBee, May 20, 2017.

1. TheBrokenBee macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

Hi, Just had my space grey SE delivered. There are two things I am noticing. The top 1/4 of the screen is slightly yellow, which to my knowledge is a very common issue with the SE.

Second, I am noticing that the a very tiny part on the outer ring of the touch ID seems to be chipped because it shines when light hits it a certain way, I can see shining metal instead of black. Its at the periphery of the outer ring and small. Has anyone experienced this? Its small but its definitely there.

Should I play the exchange lottery? Everything else about the phone is all right.

2. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

I'd be returning/exchanging any phone that wasn't perfect.

3. myrtlebee macrumors 68020

myrtlebee

Apple's screens generally have one problem or another. And you are correct, all SE's I've seen have had the yellow at the top to some extent. Many small imperfections happen from phone to phone, including nicks and chips right out of the box. If it bothers you, exchange or get a refund. Unfortunately, my experience with Apple the past few years tells me there is a 99% chance I'll get a device with some imperfection no matter how many times I exchange. Other people here will tell you differently. No one can decide for you.

4. TheBrokenBee thread starter macrumors regular

TheBrokenBee

I have the same experience. I actually went through 4 iPhone 7s before giving up on the uneven displays. Then I decided to give SE a try and I land up with this.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The display issue you might come across again. As far as the chipped ring, I would return it just based on that alone.

6. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I would exchange. People will say what they will, bit have had about 14 iPhones with no issues out of the box.