Just got a text from o2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac-Addict, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Anyone else get a text from o2 saying "Apple iPhone 3G lands 11/07. We will text you shortly before with order details. As demand is very high, orders will be on a first come first served basis."
    Text you shortly with order details, does that mean you can pre order them? I am not on a current iPhone contract just a normal o2 one with 10 months left but still looking to upgrade to an iPhone, I registered my interest with o2 on their site I was just wondering if anyone had the same text in the same situation?

2. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Unfortunately, (with 10 months left) in order to upgrade to iPhone from a non-iPhone account, o2 state you have to be approaching the end of your contract, or have ended your current contract. The only way to bypass this however is to buy out of your current non-iPhone contract, paying the remaining cumulative monthly fees, of the amount of months you have left on your contract, in your case, 10 months, and then entering into a new 18/mos contract with O2 for iPhone 3G.

R-Fly

3. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

I AM on a current iPhone contract and got the exact same message. There's going to be a massive rush to register when they let us!

4. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Yeah I get that and I am only on a £20 a month contract so it will be roughly £200 which is still ok for me.

5. Mirai 11 macrumors 6502

Mirai 11

i got the same text a few hours ago, and ive found out that, as my contract ends on the 20th of august, i can change the contract in the last month, meaning from the 20th of july to the 20th of august.
    But rite now, im not sure whether to go on the contract of £35 a month or pay a ridiculous amount like £350 for the phone on pay as you go as ive seen on appleinsider.