Just got a Text (your iPhone 7 is on its way)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jensgt, Sep 20, 2016.

1. jensgt macrumors member

Got this text saying my phone is on its way and talking about the 650 trade in plan...but the my att order status shows "preparing for shipment" with the Oct 21 date range. Are they just messing with my mind???

Also whats the deal with this 650 trade in. Do you have to be new to ATT or just new to ATT Next.

2. Bsadle1 macrumors newbie

Bsadle1

Don't have to be new to att at all. Everybody, new and old customers, is eligible.

3. nojokews6 macrumors regular

Got the same one. Think it's a generic txt. Mine stayed the same to. Got me excited for nothing.

4. dmartism macrumors member

Same.Damn.Thing. Super bummed and kinda expected to see no change. Still 10/14-10/21 :(

5. jensgt thread starter macrumors member

What the hell AT&T!!

I keep looking for stock at Apple stores but now that I know I can get $650 for my 6+ I better just wait for AT&T. Sigh.

6. DaveOP macrumors 65816

You can buy from the Apple Store on NEXT, and still trade in for the promo at an AT&T store (I believe). You should look into that.

7. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

Got the same text. My phone is still in China awaiting its next shipping scan. So I think they just sent them out to everyone regardless of status.

8. RedRabbits macrumors member

RedRabbits

I got that text... on my iPhone 7. Maybe that means I'll get another one. :D

9. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Just received that text as well, on my iphone 7+ I bought this past Sunday at the Apple store.

10. Jswanson86 macrumors newbie

Jswanson86

I called and asked AT&T when I got the text and she said that it means device has been picked an will update with shipping info in 24-48 hrs but she barley spoke English and sounded very unsure of her self

11. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I think people that received those texts traded in an old iPhone 6/6 Plus or newer to receive the $650 credit for the "Free iPhone 7" promotion.

12. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

Dang that's harsh.

13. Jswanson86 macrumors newbie

Jswanson86

Don't think so cuz I didn't trade in or set up trade in yet.....but got the text.... kinda pissed cuz I thought it had to be a new line so sold 1 of 2 iPhone 6 already online for lot less then 650

14. jwlbel, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

jwlbel macrumors regular

I also got the very poorly worded and misleading text. I was very excited since my 2 phones are not due to ship until 10/4-10/14. I immediately logged onto my ATT account to see which of the 2 phones I ordered had shipped only to see that they havent actually shipped. I called ATT to see if my online account just hadnt updated but she confirmed nothing had changed. The customer service rep agreed that the text made it seem like like it had actually shipped. AT&T FAIL!!!!!!

15. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I got the text and I had cancelled my order several days ago and it still shows as cancelled on my account. Sadly, the text appears to mean nothing relating to the shipment of your device and is just giving you the details of the trade in program.

16. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

It doesn't matter where you purchase the phone as long as its on a 24 or 30 month NEXT plan. You have 30 days to trade in the phone and it doesn't matter when you get the iPhone 7 as long as it was purchased or pre ordered before Sept 30th. You have 30 days from the received ship date. You do have a few extra steps to follow when returning the trade, its outlined in the link. You're welcome:)

https://www.att.com/esupport/articl...w-V_1e.wVMecJXm6w.zA8s.A#!/wireless/KM1123971