Just got a Touch and having a little problem with the button on the bottom...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPod oldschool, Nov 2, 2007.

1. iPod oldschool macrumors member

It doesn't respond all the time when I try to go back to the menu. It is kinda getting annoying, I click it like 10 times sometimes before it will actually respond. Anyone have a similar problem?

2. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

hmmm...you got a defect....the home button should work every time, go ahead and call apple or go back to the store and they will replace it immediately.

3. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Wow...I JUST bought it today. Will they replace it if I go to the store or will I have to go through the whole shipping out repair stuff?
    EDIT: The annoying part is, sometimes it works perfect, others it doesn't.

4. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

I bet they will replace on the spot without a hassle....especially if you just got it. now before you do anything else, hold down the top button until the red slider appears, turn it off, now press the top button and let it reboot. if this is being cause by a software glitch then this will fix it....otherwise the contact under your button is defective

5. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Looks like I may be going back to the store, my parents aren't going to be happy about this.
    EDIT: It is really starting to piss me off, because sometimes it works perfect and I wonder if I am just imagining it, then some other times it takes a good 10 clicks for it to respond correctly.

6. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

well you just got unlucky...like I said though you should not have any trouble returning it. The quality standards are pretty high on the touch in my opinion so your next one should be good....all of the quality issues seemed to end with week 39 manufacture dates....they are up to the mid 40's by now

7. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member

Thats some hell of bad luck right there, the day I buy it I already have a problem. If it weren't for this thing being so awesome, I'd already have given up on Mac.
    EDIT: BTW, what do I do about all the wrap on the iPod and everything if I return it, I already threw that out? I still have the box and what not.

8. Mercury7 macrumors 6502

well...gotta go with what you got lol, post again tomorrow and let me know how it went. Just tell em the home button does not work and you want a replacement, if they give you a hard time then ask for a refund and order it from the apple store

9. iPod oldschool thread starter macrumors member