Just got an incase slider case, now I need a new screen protector.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UltimaLink, Mar 31, 2011.

1. UltimaLink macrumors regular

I'm looking for a good, cheap-ish screen protector for my iPhone. I want it to protect from falls. I have an Incase Slider Case but I want maximum protection without having to go back to my huge otterbox. I'd also like it if it didn't effect the screen, this is one of the main reasons I dropped my otterbox, other than the fact it was megahuge.

2. psyduckiee macrumors regular

The fact that you chose to use the incase slider would mean that there aren't that many shields that are compatible with that case. Zagg does make a shield that is case friendly though.

3. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

What's a cheap-ish screen protector? (Price range)

I just tried my incase slider with my power support screen protector and it did raise the screen protector. At least you can count that one out.

4. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

20$ or less.

Also to the other guy, how does Zagg do with it's screen protector? I was looking at it but wasn't sure.

5. psyduckiee macrumors regular

It's not good as PowerSupport or those static cling ones. Zagg is a wet install and does have orange peel which you might need to get used to..

6. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

What does wet install mean? And orange peel?

What happens if I use any other screen protector with my case, anyway?

7. kicko macrumors 65816

wet install = you have apply water on your device when installing them

orange peel = how it feels on your finger, just like an orange

I have yet to find a screen protector that fits the slider. I have pretty much given up for now. You could trim one but the amount that has to be trimmed is very tricky to be accurate since it only a tiny bit.

8. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, screw that, what happens if I use a screen protector with the incase though? Does it do something bad?

9. 87am macrumors regular

Fyi, a screen protector is not going to offer much protection from any sort of fall.

10. kicko macrumors 65816

thats not why you use them, they only protect against scratching on the glass itself.

you can use a screen protector on the incase slider fine but it will bubble up in the corners. The bubbling is caused when there is not enough space for everything to fit together in harmony... like 2 things cant occupy the same space at the same time. So the frame of the slider will push the protector up out of its way a little bit causing a bubble.

11. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Well, then I'm gonna return this case, any good cases that protect from most falls and aren't huge like my older one?

12. thespazz macrumors 6502a

Look into the switcheasy capsule rebel. Works with screen protectors.